4th of July menu

Going to be grilling a tri tip with beans and salsa thanks to Mark Foremans link to Great-grilling Santa Maria Tri-Tip.
Barb and I belonged to a winery club in central California that that had a annual club member wine tasting and Tri Tip cook.
So when I saw the recipes, I wanted to give that a try as it was very similar to what we had at club event many years ago.
Hey Rich. I live in tri-tip county. Are you going to grill or WSM your tips?
The salsa with the celery is a great recipe!!
Also, the original rub for SM tri-tip is salt, pepper, and granulated garlic but that recipe sounds good too.
Can you get punquitos? Such a great BBQ bean.
Rotisserie it a great way too.
Enjoy!

Wow, that looks wonderful Darin!
I’m doing a smoked chuck/ braised shredded beef thing tomorrow, have not thought about anything farther out than that right now. I did pick up some hot Italian sausages and brats so, maybe a sausage fest on Tuesday, we shall see.

Wow, that looks wonderful Darin!
I’m doing a smoked chuck/ braised shredded beef thing tomorrow, have not thought about anything farther out than that right now. I did pick up some hot Italian sausages and brats so, maybe a sausage fest on Tuesday, we shall see.
That sounds good. The smoke and braise sounds interesting and delicious!

Hey Rich. I live in tri-tip county. Are you going to grill or WSM your tips?
The salsa with the celery is a great recipe!!
Also, the original rub for SM tri-tip is salt, pepper, and granulated garlic but that recipe sounds good too.
Can you get punquitos? Such a great BBQ bean.
Rotisserie it a great way too.
Enjoy!

That's the real deal you've got there, would love to have a Santa Maria grill.
Looked for punguitos, but no luck. will substitute pintos instead.
Yep, I've made the TT with just salt, pepper and granulated garlic many times but wanted to try a different way this time.
Going to use the performer, I sold my WSM when I got the camp chef and honestly I don't regret it at all.

I was going to do a brisket but I won’t have time so I’m doing a tri tip or 2 with a bunch of pot luck sides.
Probably have the Blackstone kickin out burgers and stuff too.
We are having 12-16 people over so a brisket would have been good.
Dungeness Crab opens in a few hours so there will be a lot of that.
I'm going out the night of the 3rd for squid so hopefully that will be on the appie menu.
I’m still learning oyster bar presentation, might try a couple small cupcake trays for the garnishes and toppings but I’m kinda not sold on that.
I am more or less gonna wing it on this party/meal and try to figure it out as it goes.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July.
Me, I’m gonna follow this thread and mooch all of the best ideas :).

I was going to do a brisket but I won’t have time so I’m doing a tri tip or 2 with a bunch of pot luck sides.
Probably have the Blackstone kickin out burgers and stuff too.
We are having 12-16 people over so a brisket would have been good.
Dungeness Crab opens in a few hours so there will be a lot of that.
I'm going out the night of the 3rd for squid so hopefully that will be on the appie menu.
I’m still learning oyster bar presentation, might try a couple small cupcake trays for the garnishes and toppings but I’m kinda not sold on that.
I am more or less gonna wing it on this party/meal and try to figure it out as it goes.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July.
Me, I’m gonna follow this thread and mooch all of the best ideas :).
I too wanted to cook a brisket but could not make the trip to Costco.
Sure sounds like a good time at your place.
Enjoy

I'm prepping for pulled pork on the WSM, which I will be smoking on Saturday and serving on Monday for a July 3 party. Of course, also grilled hot dogs!!
Butts were on my short list but ribs won. I always use the “Mr Brown” rub for all of my pork recipes. Thanks for that one Chris!

Very simple this year . . . Brats, Peppers, & Onions.

BD
Simple here too.

Prime ribeye steak from Costco with vegetables and a salad. Broccoli and cauliflower for the vegetables. On the salad, I started making my own dressing. Tonight was honey mustard. Not cheaper than buying it pre made, but better ingredients. Objective met - I’m full :D

Back