2016 Charcoal Sales?

James Patrick

Reaching out to the community for some collective knowledge sharing.

I know we are fast approaching Memorial Day and thus (hopefully) some significant charcoal sales. I haven't see anything yet but figured I'd get the thread started as people locate flyers/charcoal specials in the coming days and weeks.

I'm completely out of charcoal, and while not opposed to go grab a bag, I'm looking to stock up in a big way for the summer ASAP.

Let me know what you come across.

Thanks in advance - this is one of the best forums on the Internet IMHO!

Last edited:
Oh Geez,

Now I feel like a dummy. I have been watching the BBQ'ing area for a charcoal sale thread for over a week, but of course I didn't search. I even checked the HD and Walmart Flyers for WA state and didn't notice any mention.

I do live in Vancouver but will be in WA State (Bellingham/Seattle area) this weekend so will make sure to stock up as usual. You guys just made my day!

And I can't believe I've never actually posted on the forum, I'm a long time lurker, definitely absorbed lots of wisdom from you all and am proud to say I stand behind my BBQ as totally decent, friends and family would call it consistently excellent. Thanks again.

Our Local Menards has Royal Oak briquettes on sale for $4.79. Their Memorial Day lists it at $5.49 so your price may be different. They also have Royal Oak Lump (green bag) for $4.99 per 8.8 lb bag.

I'm still new to all of this, but my local Wal-Mart has a version of Kingsford for a flat $5.00. It's a large (15.4lb), and it says "Texas Limited Edition" or something similar on it. I thought there might be some catch, but it looks to be just standard KBB in a special bag, though I haven't actually opened it yet.

That's a pretty good deal right - 15.4lb bag of KBB for $5.00?

It's actually on Wal-Mart's website right now, but it says it's out of stock.

Jason

I'm still new to all of this, but my local Wal-Mart has a version of Kingsford for a flat $5.00. It's a large (15.4lb), and it says "Texas Limited Edition" or something similar on it. I thought there might be some catch, but it looks to be just standard KBB in a special bag, though I haven't actually opened it yet.

That's a pretty good deal right - 15.4lb bag of KBB for $5.00?

It's actually on Wal-Mart's website right now, but it says it's out of stock.

Jason

I see that as well in the PNW.

Its a typically a great price, however the lowest prices of the season are available now @ Home Depot and Lowe's - 2x 18.6lbs (37.2lbs total, duh) for 9.88. I did the math, the HD/Lowe's price is 22% cheaper than that Walmart deal.

Home Depot and Lowes have their sales on RIGHT NOW! big twin packs $9.88!!

There is NO Kingsford in any Lowes store in the whole province of Ontario!! And Ontario is almost twice the size of Texas. Imagine, they still sell grills but not that brand of briq's.

Other than Calgary (who has 23 bags), it seems there is NONE in all of Canada (again, this is at Lowes). When I asked, it appears that Lowes has discontinued carrying it. Other stores do have it (H.D., Home Hardware) but at a buck a pound it's robbery.

Good luck to you (and the rest of us too) James.

It may be early in the season and I may be over-reacting but geez, this is nutz.

edit--> I'd be interested in knowing if there are any sales in the Niagara Falls N.Y. or Buffalo area ;)

Last edited:
Wish I could help you Canadians but this list is only for the USA.

http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?58501-Historical-Kingsford-Original-Charcoal-Price-List

13235491_10206461217591140_5114830379451822302_o.jpg

Same here, David. Think I need to step up my workout routine, as the twin packs felt quite a bit heavier than they did last Labor Day. Either that or start using the mini multi-tool on my key-chain to cut the plastic wrap and separate the twin packs. Yeah, I like that second idea better. :cool:

Received my Lowe's paper yesterday. Kingsford Original back on sale for $9.88 for a 18.6 LB 2 pack (limit 2 twin packs). Sale starts 5/26/16 to 5/30/16 (5 days only, in red next to the picture).

I love the twin packs around the summer holidays. I would be nice to stock up for winter but that would take a pretty good outlay of cash.

Robert, rather than stock up all at one time, I buy a smaller quantity each time they have the good sales on the double packs. It hurts less that way. Just my 20 cents.

I love the twin packs around the summer holidays. I would be nice to stock up for winter but that would take a pretty good outlay of cash.

Back