Time to stock up on Kingsford Blue

Bill French

TVWBB Fan
Noticed this morning that Kingsford Blue is on sale now in time for Memorial Day weekend. Home Depot and Lowes both show 2-18.6lb bags for $9.88. However, my local Lowes shows a limit of 2 twin pack per customer so it'll be off to Home Depot for me.

When these twin packs go on sale, how much are people buying?

I remember seeing a thread where people are posting huge (20+ bags) stockpiles. I bought a twin pack plus a bag of Royal Oak ($7 for 15lb).

Of course it all depends on how much you Q, Walt.

As a 2-3 times a week griller/smoker, two twin packs of KBB usually gets me from the Memorial Day sale to the Fourth of July sale. Then I pick up two more 2pks on the 4th. When the last sale of the year rolls around on Labor Day I usually get 4 or 5 2pks to make it until the next Memorial Day.

If I didn't use lump as the unlit minion coals in the MSW, I'd probably go through at least another couple 2pks a year.

When these twin packs go on sale, how much are people buying?

I remember seeing a thread where people are posting huge (20+ bags) stockpiles. I bought a twin pack plus a bag of Royal Oak ($7 for 15lb).

Does this answer your question?

Bill

I have purchased a total of 8 twin packs. I figure this should get me through until it goes on sale next year.

I can't remember last time I dipped below 200#. That said, I'm willing to spend a few more pennies on the Walmart 15# bags. Just easier for me to manage. Picked up 12 to top off the stash.

Wow !!! Thanks for all the replies. I agree that it all depends on how much/often folks cook. Living in a tight subdivision my neighbors see/smell my cooks a few times each week. Now that I know these sales come before Memorial Day, then before Labor Day I can plan how much I need.

The lump for my low/slow cooks I may buy once a year since my Akorn is very efficient.

Yep, got six twin packs which will get me to Labor Day. Then I will need about 12 twin packs to get back to Memorial Day. Its Science.

Back