14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Model 711001

You can always roll the slab so you don't really have to cut it first.
I'm good with my 18.5. A rack of ribs can lay across it. Seems like slicing will always be required for the 14. Not a big deal, though. I often slice for the 18.5 when fitting multiple racks per grate.

For small jobs, I use my kettle and the fire brick/water-pan method to smoke.

But I'm happy the choice is there for those who want it. It would seem good for campers and tailgaters.

I love my 22.5 but it is big and doesn't travel will. I do some camping or rent cabins from time to time and would love to bring a smoker with me. Combined with a pitmasterIQ, you could fire up the ribs a noon and then go hiking or fishing for a few hours and come back to some smokey goodness. Or maybe a bear enjoying some smokey goodness.

I love my 22.5 but it is big and doesn't travel will. I do some camping or rent cabins from time to time and would love to bring a smoker with me. Combined with a pitmasterIQ, you could fire up the ribs a noon and then go hiking or fishing for a few hours and come back to some smokey goodness. Or maybe a bear enjoying some smokey goodness.

Better hope that bear isn't wearing a hat and driving a green truck. Here in Arizona leaving a camp fire, grill, smoker unattended will put a big hurt on your wallet. The rangers here have no sense of humer when it comes to unattended fires of any kind.

Just told the wife about the 14.5. She just rolled her eyes, BUT , she didn't ask why I needed another one. This will come in handy for travelling as a lot have said. When I go to the river for a couple of days, it's just me and this will be perfect.

Just told the wife about the 14.5. She just rolled her eyes, BUT , she didn't ask why I needed another one. This will come in handy for travelling as a lot have said. When I go to the river for a couple of days, it's just me and this will be perfect.

SWMBO says it took her 4 yrs to find her prince (that would be me) after her divorce (we're both "B" models). She says my crown gets a little crooked every now and then, but she just kicks it back in place. After 21 yrs she just rolls her eyes when I decide I need a new cooker, too. ...and the last new addition was her idea!

Boy the news of the Weber 14.5 sure took the air out of the Smokey Joe Mini WSM Project site not one new thread or reply in three days, amazing. At least the world wide steamer pot shortage will be eliminated.

Boy the news of the Weber 14.5 sure took the air out of the Smokey Joe Mini WSM Project site not one new thread or reply in three days, amazing. At least the world wide steamer pot shortage will be eliminated.

I had kinda noticed this to. I had just ordered a pot and a few minutes later started to read the early stages of this thread, I will still build a mini and have the pleasure of a home build, the Weber 14.5 will be on the wish list for sure and I intend to purchase one as early as possible just in case the production run is short lived as before. Might just get one and sit it in the corner as an ornament!

My guess for a price - $250, I hope it will be lower but that is where I think Weber will see it.

I had kinda noticed this to. I had just ordered a pot and a few minutes later started to read the early stages of this thread, I will still build a mini and have the pleasure of a home build, the Weber 14.5 will be on the wish list for sure and I intend to purchase one as early as possible just in case the production run is short lived as before. Might just get one and sit it in the corner as an ornament!

My guess for a price - $250, I hope it will be lower but that is where I think Weber will see it.

I just finished mine two weeks ago and have done two different cooks on it both being ribs. I must say I’m extremely pleased with it, it’s very efficient using very little charcoal also very easy to maintain temps. I’m sure the 14.5 will have more bells and whistles but until I do more on my mini I’ll wait before getting a 14.5.

A lot of folks are thinking $199 because the 22 is $399 and the 18 is $299 so the guess is the 14 will be $199 sorta kinda makes sense.

Happy Happy Happy thats what I am on this news. Can't wait for them to be available. That will be great for the one or two person cooks.

A lot of folks are thinking $199 because the 22 is $399 and the 18 is $299 so the guess is the 14 will be $199 sorta kinda makes sense.

It makes sense in Weber's pricing scheme, however...I also hope Weber realizes that folks here have been building one's for less than half that price and drop the price below $199 to compete with us! At $199, I'll build my own - at $149 I might be swayed to get Weber's mini!

Just wishful thinking...and no, I'm at work so I haven't been drinking...yet. :cool:

It makes sense in Weber's pricing scheme, however...I also hope Weber realizes that folks here have been building one's for less than half that price and drop the price below $199 to compete with us! At $199, I'll build my own - at $149 I might be swayed to get Weber's mini!
:

When I built my mini I documented every penny I spent just because I was curios as to what the real cost would be.
I picked up a SJ off CL for $10 got the vasconia pot at 40% off = $32 shipped. And with SS nut/bolts, paint, thermometer, 18.5 charcoal grate, second SJ cooking grate, thrift shop cake pan and terracotta saucer, etc. I was just south of $100, so if Weber was to come in at about $150 with some more bells and whistles especially if you had to pay retail for the SJ and pot it would be a bargain, at $199 maybe not so much, but again based on retail costs to build a mini not out of line.
I just really want to see a mini and the 14.5 side by side, if the 14.5 is a little bit bigger, well maybe.

Just wishful thinking...and no, I'm at work so I haven't been drinking...yet. :cool:

Be content with $199 - currently showing as pre-order on some sites in the UK for £299 - that's at least $400....

If they price it at $399, the same as a 22.5, who will buy it?

I will build my own for that price, as much as I would like one

If they price it at $399, the same as a 22.5, who will buy it?

I will build my own for that price, as much as I would like one

^^^^This^^^^
Now pricing isn't out yet so I am not going to get angry yet but that price point would be completely unacceptable. No one will buy one at that price and them Weber will wonder why and discontinue this. I have talked to quite a few friends that are VERY interested in this particular size so they already have interest gathering. Ridiculous pricing will kill that interest.

I have the Vasconia pot just need to make the build, but I will have to buy another pot for the wife, she likes it.

I will build one and if the price is right buy one

Back