14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Model 711001

Be content with $199 - currently showing as pre-order on some sites in the UK for £299 - that's at least $400....
Can you post a link? I'm curious to see the listing. I can't find it via Google search.

UPDATE: Never mind, found it, including photo!

https://www.norwichcamping.co.uk/products/weber-smokey-mountain-cooker-37cm-2014/

14wsmphoto.jpg

The Euro pricing has absolutely no bearing on US pricing. All Weber grill sell for a ton more money in Europe than in the US.

The Euro pricing has absolutely no bearing on US pricing. All Weber grill sell for a ton more money in Europe than in the US.

People I know in the UK certainly "pay" a lot more for their Weber's than their US cousins, also, any prices you might see will include the VAT - Value Added Tax, like state sales tax over here, but at 20%.

I don't think it will sell for less than $225....possibly $250. The 18'5" sells for $299.....this cooker is only 4" smaller. What I don't like is that I can't put a whole babyback rib on it, without either a rack,or cutting the meat. Even the 18'5 is almost small for that. Obviously this would be portable for its size. I'm pretty sure its well worth the price...would I buy one? I do have a 18'5 WSM, for me & my wife....we never use it to its capacity, so I would sure take a look. But I love my 18'5 WSM....its perfect for our needs.

Mini WSM owners: How are you handling ribs? Cutting them into pieces? Rolling them?

I have two grates on my mini if doing a single rack of ribs I just cut the rack in half and put one on each grate and about half way through the first part of the 2-2-1/2 I rotate them. When I foil I just stack them and both go on the upper grate. If doing two racks I try to find a smaller one to buy, then I roll them but because my lower grate is just 4” below the top grate I will put the smaller rack on the lower grate and not rotate them. Even then it gets pretty tight with two racks of ribs.

EDIT

Forgot to add when I foil two racks I cut them in half and stack them in two foils, one set on each grate, after foiling I finish one set on the mini and the other on my gasser.

Last edited:
just talked to the owner of the BBQ Barn in Arlington MA and their Weber rep told them that it is not coming out next year but the year after, 2015

makes you wonder

well that's ridiculous....still two years out ? Doesn't make sense. Having worked in manufacturing my whole life, I can not believe they are investing significant expenses in new machinery to produce these only to have them not go on sale for another 18 months plus. The only industry that I know that take that long to introduce new parts or change revision levels is the automotive industry.

Now I wish I wouldn't have told people about this....they are very much so looking forward to purchasing these as soon as possible.

Last edited:
I'm the store Manager for my local Hardware Hank/Weber Dealer I just got the 2014 order form this morning & they had the 14.5 WSM listed to be ordered the start of December with promo pricing at 199.95

Tanner
If you come to Boston I will smoke you a full meal!!!

That is the best news I have had! I can understand the 199 the Smokey Joe gold is 39, the pot is 35, a charcoal ring based on Weber pricing is probably 60, the thermometer 30, profit ??

Back