Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quit Drinking?

Clint. Keep quitting. You’ll be better off in the long run. If you’re certain you’re not an alcoholic, maybe set aside a special time to have a beer. As in one beer. I’m at the point where I only have a beer when I go to a restaurant. Typically a burger. I never do this more than once a week. I also make sure the beer is special. Not drinking a Coors Light for a special occasion.

Otherwise, quit and don’t look back. It’s hard but worth it. Best wishes.
    1880 / Genesis S-320 / Jumbo Joe

Thx

Maybe a margarita---------------

The audio book says I'll BS myself, tell myself fantasies (the authors words) where I'd only remind myself about the good times, not the bad things... like "I'll just have a couple" and this time do it (and forgo the following ~6-10 like most other times).

One thing that bothered me was I'd think "I'll just have a nightcap" around 9:30pm (not having had a drink all day). "I'll just catch a little buzz." Next thing I know it's 1 am.

Some of my friends have been a lot more supportive than I expected. I was driving a cousin & another friend home last Sunday after a day in the hills. I said "you haven't been drinking" 'nope'. "if I was drinking, we'd all be drunk AF rt now". 'yep' Another keeps giving it tries (he was at 5 days last I heard), and doesn't drink around me.....

One nice thing will be at concerts & sporting events. Seems like I'd spend more time in the beer lines than watching the show. That ought to save $50 per concert.

I'd better stay quit for a while.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Thx

One nice thing will be at concerts & sporting events. Seems like I'd spend more time in the beer lines than watching the show. That ought to save $50 per concert.

I'd better stay quit for a while.
    ^^ That’s why I quit buying beer out.^^ I might have a margarita at the Mexican restaurant but other than that I have plenty of damn good beer in the basement. I paid to watch the event.

Good on ya.
    Last edited by Dwain Pannell; 04-13-2019 at 04:02 PM.

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    50 bucks is probably way conservative. Seeing a show sober vs. drunk is a great experience if it's been a while. That endorphin kick you can get at a live show where the band is killing and the crowd is into it is amazing. That pretty much gets wiped out by alcohol in my experience.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow ‘N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Yesterday was day 100.

Wow! Congratulations on this huge accomplishment. I am happy for you.

TVWBB Platinum Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Congratulations, Clint!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Slow ‘N Sear 2.0, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Thanks guys

I pretty much feel normal, haven't lost any weight but I've been eating more & getting less exercise

About 2-3 weeks in I felt a big improvement but that plateaued right there.

I haven't made much sense of everything but I'm keeping at it.

TVWBB Fan
    You're doing great Clint, keep it up.

Sober since 93 +/-.

I never lost any weight when I quit, at least not enough where I noticed.

I've been a long time micro beer drinker that drinks for the taste and not to get drunk. That being said I could easily slay a six pack in a day just sipping and averaged 3-4 beers every day for the past 15 years. I'm an active person with zero health issues but have never liked how much I drink but have never been able to reduce. I'm the guy that can't just have one but 2-3 more.

I went to Poland a few weeks ago and got really bad food poisoning. I didn't eat nor drink anything for several days and something triggered in my brain (seriously) and I haven't drank since I have been home. In fact, I have zero desire to drink. I have subsequently lost 15 pounds and am what I weighed when I was in my early 20's (i'm in my late 40's.)

I truly love not drinking and have no desire to begin again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast