The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Replacement Lid, Middle Cooking Section, Firebowl?

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    If you make a mistake you can fill a large hole with a metal plug and a small hole with a bolt. Personally, I donít see the need of a temp controller unless youíre doing competitions, but thatís your call.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFitz View Post
    If the OP is not interested, I may be interested. I have been slowly building a WSM out of an older kettle, and the center section i have is out of round, and the lid doesnít fit on it correctly. Iíve tried to bear hug it back into round, but no luck.

Thanks
    It's yours if you want it.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Blackstone 17, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    It's yours if you want it.
    Sure Ill take it. When you get the chance if you can message me the box dimensions, so I can figure out the cheapest way to ship it.

I assume it is an 18", if its a 22" I have a kettle that it would fit on too.

Thanks
    Last edited by ChrisFitz; 02-10-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Green Gen3 Performer Platinum OneTouch Silver Genesis Silver 18.5Ē WSM

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwain Pannell View Post
    Personally, I don’t see the need of a temp controller unless you’re doing competitions, but that’s your call.
    It makes it EZ, consistent
    You can leave it alone for hours , it compensated for ash buildup and reduced coals near end .

Reduces in/out traffic tracking mud onto kitchen floor in cold damp weather to make adjustments

But with my heatermeter, adjustments can be made from bed, when its cold and raining out. Jack temp up to get thru stall? No problem. Give it a new setpoint and go back to what you were doing.

Theres no going back.

It becomes so easy to use....you will use it more.

If all cooks are short and in daytime, in nice weather, and you attend them.....yeah, not as important.
    Last edited by MartinB; 02-10-2019 at 09:48 AM.

TVWBB Hall of Fame Dwain Pannell's Avatar
    I understand Martin. ...but I donít see a reason to cook overnight and my smoker is seasoned to the point that it doesnít need a lot of adjustments when I leave it alone for long periods of time.

Donít get me wrong, I used to have an ATC years ago but sold it to a competition BBQer on this site when I decided to learn my cooker to the point I quit using it. I donít even use the Mav thatís been on the shelf for years.

Just old school stock analog thermometer, unmodified, naturally aspirated cooker. Set it and forget it. The voyage is as important to me as the destination. I like to be a part of the process vs setting a computer.
    Last edited by Dwain Pannell; 02-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwain Pannell View Post
    Just old school stock analog thermometer, unmodified, naturally aspirated cooker. Set it and forget it.

TVWBB Gold Member
    The only modifications that I have done to my WSM's is to cut a slot for the remote thermometer. I am a REAL believer in a remote therm (first I had a Maverick but now I have a couple of Smokes). Otherwise, I run 'em as they came!

Keep on smokin',
    Dale53
    Mini-Joe Gold, 14.5 WSM, 18.5 WSM, 2 Performers with Vortex, gasser (taking up space), SJS, JJ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12