Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stainless Steel Gourmet Grate Amazon for my Performer

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Got my Uniflsay SS gourmet grill grate today. My initial impression is that it appears to be well made and the spacing and the diameter of the rods appears to be identical to the Weber flip up grate that's on the performer now.
    I won't get a chance to try it for awhile as right now no charcoal grills can be used due to fire restrictions.

[IMG]100_3110 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    It would probably take a while to know for sure. Everything I've read is that 201 doesn't have the corrosion resistance of 304, but it may be enough, especially once it gets coated up.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Super Fan
    Dustin, I have read the same thing about 201 no it is not 301 but it has to be way better at less money than the Weber plated steel GBS. Only time will tell got mine also have to open it and will report back good sign Rich said it appears to be well built.

I am hoping to have my used performer cleaned out and ready to go this weekend it has been a lot of work I don't think the people I bought it from had cleaned it out in years took awhile to get the ash sweeper free its bent so going to get that fixed good news it's in good shape.

My plan is to do rib eyes on Sunday but the forecast is horrible for the next 5 days but I have an area covered so I can work on it.

Brian

Good news! I will be able to use the performer, the fire restrictions about not using charcoal are still only enforced in the national forests and campgrounds. So far it's still okay inside the city limits.
    So I'll be using it for tonight's dinner and get to try out the new SS grate.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Super Fan
    Dying to read that review.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    Good news! I will be able to use the performer, the fire restrictions about not using charcoal are still only enforced in the national forests and campgrounds. So far it's still okay inside the city limits.
    So I'll be using it for tonight's dinner and get to try out the new SS grate.
    Gave our new uniflasy SS GBS a first try. Barb made a super good Brown sugar and bourbon chicken dish using some bone in thighs.
    Not a lot to say, the grate worked fine and the cleanup was easy. For $26 it’s a nice grate for using a vortex or the GBS accessories.
    Time will tell if the 210 SS will hold up.

[IMG]100_3132 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]100_3133 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by Rich Dahl; 05-17-2018 at 01:24 PM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Nice looking bird and grate!
    I put the unused center section, from grandson, on my Performer, all shiny compared to the rest of the grate.
    The old center section is now on my Kamado replacing the heavy steel plate.
    Here's when I tried it out for size, the original plate has now been removed, should give me much better airflow.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Dahl View Post
    Gave our new uniflasy SS GBS a first try. Barb made a super good Brown sugar and bourbon chicken dish using some bone in thighs.
    Not a lot to say, the grate worked fine and the cleanup was easy. For $26 it’s a nice grate for using a vortex or the GBS accessories.
    Time will tell if the 210 SS will hold up.

[IMG]100_3132 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]100_3133 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich did you spray it down with some Pam before you used it hopefully going to use mine this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    Rich did you spray it down with some Pam before you used it hopefully going to use mine this weekend.
    Brian, I did spray it with Pam.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123