Stainless Steel Gourmet Grate Amazon for my Performer

Got my Uniflsay SS gourmet grill grate today. My initial impression is that it appears to be well made and the spacing and the diameter of the rods appears to be identical to the Weber flip up grate that's on the performer now.
I won't get a chance to try it for awhile as right now no charcoal grills can be used due to fire restrictions.

27264675207_a4e8b0d789_z.jpg
[/url]100_3110 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

It would probably take a while to know for sure. Everything I've read is that 201 doesn't have the corrosion resistance of 304, but it may be enough, especially once it gets coated up.

Dustin, I have read the same thing about 201 no it is not 301 but it has to be way better at less money than the Weber plated steel GBS. Only time will tell got mine also have to open it and will report back good sign Rich said it appears to be well built.

I am hoping to have my used performer cleaned out and ready to go this weekend it has been a lot of work I don't think the people I bought it from had cleaned it out in years took awhile to get the ash sweeper free its bent so going to get that fixed good news it's in good shape.

My plan is to do rib eyes on Sunday but the forecast is horrible for the next 5 days but I have an area covered so I can work on it.

Brian

Good news! I will be able to use the performer, the fire restrictions about not using charcoal are still only enforced in the national forests and campgrounds. So far it's still okay inside the city limits.
So I'll be using it for tonight's dinner and get to try out the new SS grate.

Good news! I will be able to use the performer, the fire restrictions about not using charcoal are still only enforced in the national forests and campgrounds. So far it's still okay inside the city limits.
So I'll be using it for tonight's dinner and get to try out the new SS grate.

Gave our new uniflasy SS GBS a first try. Barb made a super good Brown sugar and bourbon chicken dish using some bone in thighs.
Not a lot to say, the grate worked fine and the cleanup was easy. For $26 it’s a nice grate for using a vortex or the GBS accessories.
Time will tell if the 210 SS will hold up.

41276465185_bd62af741a_z.jpg
[/url]100_3132 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

41276463375_ac6dbd262e_z.jpg
[/url]100_3133 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice looking bird and grate!
I put the unused center section, from grandson, on my Performer, all shiny compared to the rest of the grate.
The old center section is now on my Kamado replacing the heavy steel plate.
Here's when I tried it out for size, the original plate has now been removed, should give me much better airflow.

Gave our new uniflasy SS GBS a first try. Barb made a super good Brown sugar and bourbon chicken dish using some bone in thighs.
Not a lot to say, the grate worked fine and the cleanup was easy. For $26 it’s a nice grate for using a vortex or the GBS accessories.
Time will tell if the 210 SS will hold up.

41276465185_bd62af741a_z.jpg
[/url]100_3132 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

41276463375_ac6dbd262e_z.jpg
[/url]100_3133 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich did you spray it down with some Pam before you used it hopefully going to use mine this weekend.

Just wanted to provide an update on these still pleased with them the center section was a little off meaning laying flat but nothing that could not be fixed took a hammer with some padding got them perfect it was just the 4 edges that lay on the outside ring nothing wrong with the center grate itself.

They are unavailable now been that way for a few months and they had raised the price to 36 bucks so they must have been selling.

Guys picking this thread up again. Is there another hinged SS grate out there with center section that can be removed like the Weber GBS? So far I have not found one yet. Thx

I have the Weber GBS with the cast iron middle insert, and frankly, I've been thinking about not using it.

When I grill rib eye, I'd rather have all my coals to one side of the grill instead of in the middle. I do reverse sear, and it would be much easier and I'd have more room to do more than three rib eyes, if ithe coals were to one side.

I don't use my charcoal grill that often but when I use it I do use a Wok with a round bottom. This is why I need the GBS grates with the hole to keep the Wok level. But since the grill is sitting idle for weeks without usage the chromed grates like to build up rust. This is why I would like to have a SS version.

I thought for sure the Uni one would have come back in stock I have been happy with mine must have been a one off production run. Its a shame the price was really good but all this stuff has been going up.

The ones Jon posted look pretty good, Stefan that may be your only option still if it lasts the way it should might be the last one you ever buy.

The description on that ebay one is terrible. It seems to say the center is plated and the only indication that it's stainless is "s.s." in the title.

Back