Silver B is Done

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Finally finished the rehab on the silver B.
It came out really nice.
Now on to CL and with what I’m seeing how high the prices have gone I think I’m going to take a shot at $200.
Here’s some pictures of the little green top.

27175515277_8ff13a7161_z.jpg
[/url]100_2483 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175514247_956f3f5f9d_z.jpg
[/url]100_2485 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175513487_efd8dd9244_z.jpg
[/url]100_2947 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175512677_03d0117608_z.jpg
[/url]100_3055 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175511787_abe6018bbf_z.jpg
[/url]100_3056 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175510547_2d4b15d370_z.jpg
[/url]100_3060 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

27175511227_10e8c520ba_z.jpg
[/url]100_3059 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Looks nice Rich, with your quality pics I am sure it will sell fast.

Was that a Weber Handle Grill light in the first pic?

Jeff

Rich,

Another signature turnaround story! Beautiful work and nice choice with the green hood. Tables look brand new, so however you did it obviously works great;).

Your workmanship is why we need you to keep doing restores from time to time. I wish I could ship you some of the great deals I see here in FL so you would have something good to start on.

Jon

Nice work on the thermoset tables Rich. How did you clean them?

Hi Stephen,

I soaked them in a solution of dawn dish soap and water overnight then used the soapy water and some 0000 steel wool to clean them up. Let them dry and put a coat of food grade mineral oil on them.
Very happy with the results.

Hi Stephen,

I soaked them in a solution of dawn dish soap and water overnight then used the soapy water and some 0000 steel wool to clean them up. Let them dry and put a coat of food grade mineral oil on them.
Very happy with the results.

Good info, I was curious if the 0000 steel wool would work on these.

It sure does, I have used #0000 steel wool on almost every one I have cleaned up. Some that were regularly clean will clean up nicely with some simple green and a green scrubby or even a rag, but the ones that have had that grease and dirt on them for three years straight need a little more aggressive approach. If the Dawn or simple green doesn't work, try a strong bleach solution with some steel wool. That will get out the toughest stains. I have yet to find a thermoset table that I couldn't get cleaned up. The rust stains are the worst.

Before going with steel wool and bleach, try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works wonders on thermoset tables and much easier to boot!

Before going with steel wool and bleach, try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works wonders on thermoset tables and much easier to boot!

Erik,
That sounds pretty interesting. I will give that a try on my Silver I hope to clean up and sell. Thanks for the new idea!

Erik,
That sounds pretty interesting. I will give that a try on my Silver I hope to clean up and sell. Thanks for the new idea!

I can’t take credit for it. Years ago I was cleaning my Silver B and despite Simply Green and lots of scrubbing it was barely making a dent. My wife suggested the Magic Eraser and it cleaned up instantly. It truly was “Magic”.

Rich, if I was closer, I’d hire out the rehab of my silver B that you have gotten me “started” with! I should have done a tear down and ground up restoration but, weather, tooling and space changed the entire outlook on the gasser, I tidied things up and have put it on perpetual loan to my wife’s son, squeeze and the grand children. It sat under its cover all winter in the backyard and that didn’t sit that well with me but, I didn’t have to find space in the tiny garage another winter here.
That’s a dandy greenhead!

Back