1st time Onlyfire Rotisserie kettle kit Tri tip

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
Weber charges $149 for their Rotisserie it, too much money me. Back in Dec, I bought the Onlyfire 22-1/2 Rotisserie kettle kit for $79.99 on Amazon. For the last several months, I've been hit with storm after storm, rain and snow, I haven't been able to grill much. Today, the weather was nice enough, I finally was able to try out my latest gadget. At first, I thought about doing chicken, but because there were so many Super Bowl specials, I picked up a Tri Tip at $2.99 lb to throw on the Rotisserie. I kept it simple with Garlic Pepper. I used Wine Oak Staves for smoke.

The Rotisserie is not a perfect fit, sits on top with 3 tabs, lots of gaps, and the Weber ran hot even with the bottom and top vents nearly closed! I will buy some high temp gasket to get a better seal. Overall, I was very very happy with the performance of the Onlyfire Rotisserie kit, the motor is super quiet, you can barely hear it. I was impressed that I got a nice little smoke ring in a cook under 35 minutes! The meat was tender and full of flavor. Spare ribs are on sale at $1.99 lb, I might do that for Super bowl Sunday! Go Falcons! Here are the pics!!!!!

Nice and shiny, time to break this in.

Gap can be fixed with High Temp gasket.

Garlic Pepper.

Meat on.

Smells great!

Nice color, time to rest, slice and eat.

The Money shot!!!! Super tender juicy and full of Flavor!

I will be using this Rotisserie a lot more!
Thanks for looking :).

I've never spun a Tri Tip, but you have talked me into it. Looks fantastic!!!

I have to say,
A- that looks like dinner to me! And
B- the Weber roti I think is worth the money, the fit is right, unless you drop the thing! (I did and, it took a little time to get it back to proper shape)
I wasn't sure how much I'd use it when I got mine but, it is very convenient!
If I can score another 22 for the right price, I will dedicate one to the "wheel of feasting!" That will become one dandy outdoor kitchen. Three coal burners (2-22's and an 18) the gasser and the small format Smokey Joe and Hibachi. Now, how to run water to an appropriate location!

Last edited:
Nice looking roto cook Michael. I like the double forks on each side of the spit. I have the Weber Rotisserie and it only had the single fork on each side.

Glad the weather warmed up enough for you to spin that try-tip, looks tasty.

Thanks everybody, this is my first rotisserie and I am digging it, looking forward to using it more often! :)

Back