Hanger Hasselbacks & HoneySrirachaOMwings

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
grilled a pound of hanger last week...

hanger12072015a.jpg

just salt & pepper seasoned this beef

hanger12072015b.jpg

hanger12072015c.jpg

served with Daniel's Favourite Hasselback potatoes and Bob's Favourite Brussels spouts

hanger12072015d.jpg

Yummy, to burp the least...

then I skewered over a dozen chicken wings, seasoned them with something I now forget....

wings12072015a.jpg

once they were well along their way....

wings12072015b.jpg

wings12072015c.jpg

..I removed the skewers then brushed on Wolfe's Sriracha Orange Marmalade Honey juice...

wings12072015d.jpg

wings12072015e.jpg

singed a bit, but still alive with flavour!

wings12072015f.jpg

served up with some other fine food

wings12072015g.jpg

B60
thank you all for stoppin' by!
B60

It all looks fantastic but that Hanger does not come cooked better than that

x2 on the hanger....forgive my ignorance , but what purpose do the skewers serve in the wing cookage ? (love that marmalade sriracha sauce too)

edit: never mind ! i looked again and now i see that they held the wings suspended like little angels above the grates.groovy !

Last edited:
I wish I could get Hanger steak in my local area. Yours looks perfectly grilled!!!!! Drooling!!!!!!!

Tasty Cook.

Daniel's Favourite Hasselback potatoes, recipe please Mr. Jim Lamp.
My last weekend version sucked.

WOW!!!! Jim, that looks fantastic and I agree with Brian you had me going at first when I saw the chicken wings. But I love all your cooks, you are a master my friend.

Thank you everybody!

... what purpose do the skewers serve in the wing cookage ? (love that marmalade sriracha sauce too)

edit: never mind ! i looked again and now i see that they held the wings suspended like little angels above the grates.groovy !
No purpose at all Frank... just something different is all...

Daniel's Favourite Hasselback potatoes, recipe please Mr. Jim Lamp.
My last weekend version sucked.
Jff, no recipe for the Hasselbacks, I just cut them thin and roasted the tators... however, I do believe this link (below) is the original link Daniel did supply the USA with:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Vegetables/HasselbackPotatoes.htm

I'm sorry Jim, but this pic freaked me out a little: I was seeing some kind of squid, alien thing.
S'ok Brian, that's the "rise" I was looking for ;)

... and I agree with Brian you had me going at first when I saw the chicken wings.
BINGO!

Thanks again friends!

As always, some fantastic BBQ Jim. Curious why you don't slice your brussel sprouts? I've never cooked them whole (always sliced in half) am just wondering if I'm missing something not cooking them whole? I'm hooked on them, that much is for sure

Back