Sausage makin day

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It's been a while since I made some sausage. So...I fixed that this AM. I did Kielbasa, Jagerwurst (I got Charcuterie and had to try this recipe), Bratwurst, and some breakfast sausage.

Started with a cpl boneless butts.

001_zpsjb6egnlb.jpg

002_zpse9dseejg.jpg

Trimmed a couple "Money Muscle" Roasts from them. I may cure one of them into some Buckboard Bacon but not sure yet.

003_zpsytdpfy1d.jpg

Ran it all thru the largest die I have for the KA.

004_zpsdswwqso5.jpg

Breakfast sausage

005_zpsbmcmaua2.jpg

006_zpsqpym1kuw.jpg

008_zpsqmmnpuws.jpg

Jagerwurst requires half course ground half fine ground so I ran half thru the smallest die I have for the KA and mixed the two grinds.

010_zps4k54ubyb.jpg

Bratwurst

007_zps05ukhzgp.jpg

009_zpsfl7j2dbr.jpg

...missed photos of the Kielbasa some how. Oh well CRS I guess.

Thanks Mark. I recommend it. It tastes great plus you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself without Red Dye No 29, benzopolypropylilediactetate no 53, and other BS I have no idea what it is being added.

BTW... I decided what to do with the two roasts. One I am going to cure using the spice mixture in Shooter Rick's Recipe. And the other I vacuum packed and froze to roast someday down the road.

015_zps2kyzzeah.jpg

016_zpsgeue9xmx.jpg

Last edited:
Boy you've got that process down, those all look great. After I get my bacon process where I'm comfortable I'll be trying some sausage.

Dwain, you make some amazing sausage. I'm planning a weeknd sausage project in a couple of weeks and I hope they turn out as good as yours.

Great looking sausages Dwain. You had a busy day. Like your new stuffer too. Did you smoke all your Bratwurst or freeze it to be smoked when eaten? Very nice job.

WOW!!!!!!!! That is fantastic, awesome job Dwaine. Like Rich said after the bacon this will be on our list to do.

Nice job Dwain - I have to get off my butt and grind up one of the butts clogging up our deep freeze. You got great color on that kielbasa. Hard to beat sausage and 'taters for dinner - especailly when you made the sausage yourself. How do you like your new stuffer?

Regards,

John

Nice job Dwain - I have to get off my butt and grind up one of the butts clogging up our deep freeze. You got great color on that kielbasa. Hard to beat sausage and 'taters for dinner - especailly when you made the sausage yourself. How do you like your new stuffer?

Regards,

John

I really like it. A big step up from the KA stuffer. Now I just need to motorized it.

Very nice Dwain, hope to make summer sausage out of the last of the elk meat soon. Hope that mine comes out as good as yours did.
Thanks for sharing.

Looks great Dwane, can you post the ingredients or a link for the casing sausage. I have really been wanting to try this.

Back