Your favorite Steak cut

James Lake

TVWBB Emerald Member
With grillfest coming up, I would like to find out from the members what their favorite steak cut is and why.

Ahhh. That's easy. Spencer. Nice deep beef flavor with excellent marbling.
Finding one is another issue...

One time, I got some NY strips that were so good, that I spent years trying to repeat it. I'm sure I missed some good steaks during that time. For my current favorite, I'll stick with Frank. Nothing like a porterhouse. They are awesome! :)

NY Strip all day long for me. I like the ore meat flavor that i get on a strip as opposed to a ribeye. Honestly though, i like all the cuts and they all taste good :)

Another vote for big, thick bone-in ribeye. Been eating them a long time, never heard the Spencer thing before today.

James; you can't go wrong with a bone in rib eye! I'm sure no matter what you decide to grill, your girlfriend will soon know what a great cook you are! Enjoy.

Oops. Forgot the why part. The ribeye has a great combination of flavor and tenderness; bone in always tastes better to me as well.

I also forgot the why part. The marbling and bone give a deep beef flavor that can't be beat! Plus,puppy boy gets REAL excited when he sees that bone coming his way!

Porterhouse/T-Bone because you get a piece of the tenderloin with it. Just a little tricky to grill right.

I like a good ribeye,and a t bone, but the local grocery store has been cutting their NY strip steaks an 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 they are hard to beat.

Great now I want steak.

Back