Your favorite Steak cut

NY strip (from the Sirloin end of the loin)
Ribeye (from the Chuck end of the loin)
Porterhouse
Long bone sirloin (Can't find any more)

Why ? I prefer flavor over tenderness. Don't get me wrong, I don't like tough steaks, but I'll take a steak with much more flavor that's a little less tender over a steak that is a bit more tender but not as flavorful.

As Ggross mentioned, the Sirloins can get somewhat tough when cooked past medium rare.... But then again, they are STEAKS so they shouldn't be cooked past medium rare in the first place :D

Last edited:
NY strip (from the Sirloin end of the loin)
Ribeye (from the Chuck end of the loin)
Porterhouse
Long bone sirloin (Can't find any more)

Why ? I prefer flavor over tenderness. Don't get me wrong, I don't like tough steaks, but I'll take a steak with much more flavor that's a little less tender over a steak that is a bit more tender but not as flavorful. :D

I with you except my meat choices are flatiron, outside skirt and hanger (can't find any more) steaks. These are my favs but tend to get whatever is on sale.

Last edited:
I grew up eating pan-seared chuck roast cut into steaks. My father had a way with a large pot (to contain the oil splatter), vegetable oil and plain ole S&P. It was simple and delicious to a 10 yr old. I still do that but will buy ribeyes and NY strips with the ribeyes winning out.

I with you except my meat choices are flatiron, outside skirt and hanger (can't find any more) steaks. These are my favs but tend to get whatever is on sale.

I like flatirons, but man, the stores around here are awfully proud of them to the tune of $6+ per pound :(

Back