You know you're getting old when...

Now that I think about it ( Senior moment) The round key was for the trunk and glove box and the square key was for the doors and ignition.
I don't recall having a round key on an older Ford pickup. Or a glove box that locked.

Yea I don't like that passive unlock feature.
My Wife's Hyundai won't unlock the doors but will open the trunk if you are carrying the FOB and walk up to it.
That's OK I guess if your out shopping, but just tooling around the driveway or garage not so much.
Can the behavior be changed via the in dash controls?

It can't be much harder than setting the clock on my VCR.

I don't recall having a round key on an older Ford pickup. Or a glove box that locked.
A glove box lock is like putting a lock on a cardboard box...

You are old if you can rememeber when cars had "wind wings" (vent windows). You are really old if you can remember when wind wings had their own crank handles, steering wheels had "brody knobs" (aka "neckin' knobs"), cars had curb feelers, and it took a minute of two for the radio to come on after the car was started.

You are really old if you ever bought anything out of a J. C. Whitney catalog. You are really old if you remember the name of Cal Worthington's dog.

And what about Warshawsky's ?

s-l1600.jpg

Ed, I remember all that stuff! Still use a real fountain pen (I own dozens) actually walked in the State street store it was interesting, one door said J.C. Whitney and the other said Warshawski! I was surprised at how incredibly pleasant everyone in there was, I was a little kid and I bumped into a guy and HE apologized! I think my dad and I were picking up some parts for my brothers TR-3.

The passive unlock only unlocks the driver door. Though with the control panel you can set it to do what you like. Pretty soon wife will have Conceal Carry. She's a very nice woman but the temper can be a bit wicked. So pray for anyone stupid enough to try her :D Especially if she's armed LOL. Hoping soon to have both daughters, wife and son in law all CCW capable.
As for the "old" portion. What it you remember cars having a starter "pedal"? And how modern they were when a button was placed on the dashboard. Then it progressed to to how far you turned the key and now we're back to the button LOL. Maybe we'll get a pedal again soon

Ed, I remember all that stuff! Still use a real fountain pen (I own dozens) actually walked in the State street store it was interesting, one door said J.C. Whitney and the other said Warshawski! I was surprised at how incredibly pleasant everyone in there was, I was a little kid and I bumped into a guy and HE apologized! I think my dad and I were picking up some parts for my brothers TR-3.
I think my Dad went to the same store.

Back