You know you're getting old when...

At dinner tonight my wife was telling us about her friends husband, who posts humorous sayings on a sign outside their house.

Most were really funny, I thought this one belonged here:

“Remember when you could call someone 57 times and hang up on them and they didn’t know it was you”, or something like that.

Very true.

Is your refrigerator running?

At dinner tonight my wife was telling us about her friends husband, who posts humorous sayings on a sign outside their house.

Most were really funny, I thought this one belonged here:

“Remember when you could call someone 57 times and hang up on them and they didn’t know it was you”, or something like that.

Very true.

Is your refrigerator running?
Ha Ha remember that one also.

If you young kids don't, let us know and we will give you the answers.

John, we ARE old!
My grandfather was a Bugler tobacco man.

He taught me how to roll cigarettes when I was around 6 years old.

One day, I asked him if I could have a pack of rolling papers- he said yes.

I stuck them on the handle bars of my bicycle and rode to the school yard.

I attracted the attention of some teenagers hanging out.

They hit me up for some sheets- I felt really cool that day.

The 60’s…

My grandfather was a Bugler tobacco man.

He taught me how to roll cigarettes when I was around 6 years old.

One day, I asked him if I could have a pack of rolling papers- he said yes.

I stuck them on the handle bars of my bicycle and rode to the school yard.

I attracted the attention of some teenagers hanging out.

They hit me up for some sheets- I felt really cool that day.

The 60’s…
My wife is crying! Thats great!

My grandfather bought either Bull Durham or Lucky Strike tobacco. Still remember him rolling smokes on Sunday evenings after dinner and him, my dad, my 2 uncles after one of the huge Sunday suppers enjoying a cup of very strong perked coffee laced with a healthy dose of homemade grappa. There would be a very distinct aroma between the coffee, the grappa, the hand rolled smokes. Loved it

My grandfather bought either Bull Durham or Lucky Strike tobacco. Still remember him rolling smokes on Sunday evenings after dinner and him, my dad, my 2 uncles after one of the huge Sunday suppers enjoying a cup of very strong perked coffee laced with a healthy dose of homemade grappa. There would be a very distinct aroma between the coffee, the grappa, the hand rolled smokes. Loved it
Back when cigarettes were two bits a pack, I smoked Camels if I had a quarter. If not, a nickel bought a sack of Bull Durham. Those wheat papers were the pits! Half the time the cig would fall apart after a couple of drags. A sack of Bull Durham worked great for scrubbing the bugs off your windshield and doubled as stop leak in an emergency, so it wasn't all bad.

Memory serves Gladstone was an exchange on the far NW side around the Milwaukee Ave area. I could be wrong but I remember a bakery on Milwaukee Ave called Gladstone Bakery
Prior to the area codes being created you could find many locations with the same prefix names. That's one of the reasons ACs came into being the phone companies were running out of prefix combinations. Also, to eliminate the thousands of operators required for out of area calls.
I'm positive on that phone number being correct. I lived in Franklin Park from birth to 13 years old.
We even had a two party line.
After working for the phone company in California for 38 years I've got a pretty good understanding of how they operate. :)

I Like stamps, I like using the postal service, I like my mailman I like the guy at the PO. I am not one that has entered the 21st century without reserve. I do not like allowing the internet access to anything without third or fourth party middle men. Too many lazy conniving yo-yos out there wanting to steal information.
Besides where else can you get such amazing art on commemorative stamps for under a buck?

I Like stamps, I like using the postal service, I like my mailman I like the guy at the PO. I am not one that has entered the 21st century without reserve. I do not like allowing the internet access to anything without third or fourth party middle men. Too many lazy conniving yo-yos out there wanting to steal information.
Besides where else can you get such amazing art on commemorative stamps for under a buck?
Unfortunately....... you really do have to consider mail theft now, it's rather significantly on the rise, and not just from your curbside mailbox either. The Post Office has been reporting thefts from their blue boxes, usually for check theft. If you're going to use a mail drop, probably a good idea to use the one inside the building. Then again.... insider theft is also a rising issue.

Agreed on the art.

Back