Work day Tri tip

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
One of the perks about working from home is I can fire up the smoker whenever I get the urge. Got a really nice Tri tip the other day that I was going to cook for dinner. Couldn’t wait so I cooked it for lunch!

Fired up the 14” WSM. Went low and slow @ 250° with KBB and a chunk of cherry wood.
Pulled at 130°. Let it rest 45 minutes while I roasted some beets and steamed the beet greens.

28D75254-444E-4540-B2DB-4997FDBBA2B1.jpegDF790A78-9D50-415B-A8D3-1F06DA57ABDA.jpeg

Case,
Oh man that looks so good and it looks even a little better knowing it was done for lunch while also "on the clock" working. That was one of those silver lining to the almost year that my family and I truly did Covid quarantine, I was cooking longer cooks like five times a week. It was so amazing to be in a zoom meeting for work and look out the window and see the smoker going. Now being back to work on-site full time and life picking back up I have become a weekend warrior for the longer cooks and even then having to squeeze in most my cooks in between other obligations. I was just talking to a co-work last week who worked on-site through the pandemic, who is also a backyard bbq'er and he told me he was so jealous of me with all the time I had to bbq last year.

You just keep making me feel like I’m not doing enough then, I look in the mirror and realize I’m doing too much!😉

I’d eat that whole plate, then fill it again! I love TT, beets and any kind of leafy greens! TT’s have always been scarce here in PA and it’s worse now more than ever, not to mention the price.

Back