Wings on the 14.5 WSM

Michael C.

TVWBB Gold Member
My local store has a good selection of marinated wings on sale, I grab a hand full of several flavors. I ended up with Savory Sweet Chili, Spicy Mango and Seasoned Hot wings. On the smoker with Apple wood, vents kept it at 250F, no water just foil on the water pan. 40-45 minutes, later, they were done. Man o Man, these were the Best wings I have made to date!!! I really liked the Savory Sweet chili marinade, but all of them tasted great!!!! This little Mini Me Smoker works great, soooo easy to dial in the temps that you want!!! Here are the pics.

Wings on sale.

Apple wood for smoke.

Wings on.

Smells great!!

First look.

Looks great!

Time to dive in! My best wings so far!!!

Last edited:
Great looking wings Michael. Better find a table for that little guy or he'll disappear into the snow pretty soon;)

Michael I'll take a plate of those wings. They look awesome and I'm sure very tasty, great cook.

Very nicely done, Mike. They look delicious.

On a side note, what the heck are Mardi Gras BBQ wings? Being a native New Orleanian that makes no sense to me. :)

Very nicely done, Mike. They look delicious.

On a side note, what the heck are Mardi Gras BBQ wings? Being a native New Orleanian that makes no sense to me. :)

I'm not sure, I think they sprinkled some Cajun dry rub on the wings. Next time, I'll try them out :).

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you everybody for your kind comments. The wings were very tasty! I'll be making these more often!!!!! Mini Me Smoker works great!!!!

The 14.5 can turn out some fantastic grub. And that cook proves it. Grate looking chook.

Last edited:
Those wings look awesome, i may have to break my new 14.5 in with a wing cook this weekend. Still have to do the initial burn in...

That's what I did when I got my WSM22 3yrs ago and I am still alive to talk about it with no ill effects. Seriously, if you let the smoker come up to temp for say an hour, any crud should have already been burned off. No worried here.

How about doing a burn-in with a cook? ;)

Bob.
Same as what I did. I read all that carp[sic] about manufacturing residue. Nothing in the Weber literature about doing any kind of burn-off/in/out shake it all about.
I opened the box and all I could detect was a bit of dust. A quick damp cloth over everything…… fire it up!! No worried here either. :)

Back