Willy's Three Hour Ribs

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
You know how you have a hankerin for ribs but it is hump day and you don't have six hours to do them like you would normally? Well I have just done my 5th smoke with my WSM playing with getting really good ribs in three hours and tonights were superb.

Dress your ribs normally, took off extra fat and the skin off the back side as normal, dressed with Three Little Pigs Cherry

P9030001_zpsbfcee662.jpg

Used Lump and about fifteen coals in the starter broadcast on the top with one big lump of Cherry Wood, got the smoker to 350 with the vents wide open and put the ribs on

P9030003_zpsfdda04cc.jpg

Finally got my new latch installed on the Cajun Door, very nice tight as a drum

P9030002_zps87676be5.jpg

Smoke the ribs for about two hours at 350-375 until a nice bark forms, then foil them, I used a few tablespoons of Apple Juice and Honey on the ribs meat side down in the foil. After about half an hour pull from the foil and back on the rack where I brushed these with Jack Daniels honey whiskey sauce and leave on about another half an hour until tooth pick tender.

P9030004_zps7fa68922.jpg

P9030006_zpscbfdc4af.jpg

Came out superbly tender and delicious

P9030008_zps1fb6cfe7.jpg

Your plate, you are going to be surprised how they taste and how tender in three hours, enjoy

P9030012_zps890d1a2c.jpg

They look great. I would be happy to do ribs that quickly. I will be trying this. That plate is gorgeous BTW.

3 hours sure looks good! You really just get that WSM? It looks like the 22.5", I see it has the cajun bandit door. You say it only has 5 cooks on it but it sure looks well seasoned!

Great ribs! Love the plated pic. I've done babybacks on the performer a handful of times, cooking at about 300 or so. Yes, you can get tasty ribs without waiting all day.

Those ribs look great Bill! I've been able to get mine done in 4 hours with good results on the mini at 300-315. Going to give your method a try if I can get the mini to run that hot.

Bill those ribs are awesome looks so goooood. Yes Rich is going to try this, we just happen to have some ribs on hand.

3 hours sure looks good! You really just get that WSM? It looks like the 22.5", I see it has the cajun bandit door. You say it only has 5 cooks on it but it sure looks well seasoned!

You mis-read my friend, that WSM is a 22.5 and has seen hundreds of cooks. It was my fifth time trying this method to cook ribs faster.

Take Care

Great looking plate of hot n fast ribs! Only problem I see with this method is cutting into the beverage drinking time by the smoker!

Back