Who Else Misses Bugs Bunny?

Watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, but I especially overloaded in the summertime when I visited my grandparents in Southern California for a couple of weeks. On weekday afternoons, during the hottest part of the day, I would hunker down in the den with the 20" box fan running and watch cartoon all afternoon. The local L.A. television stations ran half hour blocks of cartoons, including Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Tennessee Tuxedo, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Fractured Fairy Tales, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, Deputy Dawg, Magilla Gorilla, George of the Jungle...loved all of them.

I still remember watching cartoons every Saturday morning! I loved the Looney Tunes, all the characters. But let's not forget Schoolhouse Rock! Conjunction junction junction , what's your function.....ha ha ha, classics, I miss those Saturday mornings.
Tim

I’d get up on Saturday morning to watch cartoons. Looney Tunes, Bullwinkle and Popeye being my favorites.

If I got up before my mother I’d eat a big bowl of ice cream while watching the cartoons too (y) :cool:
That’s pretty wise!
I would prefer to see Rocky and Bullwinkle et. al. than the inane informercials and other sorry junk that has taken over Saturday morning TV. MeTV has started running some but, it’s not like the old days! “Overture, curtain, lights...”

My wife’s son has the entire schoolhouse rock series on a drive that we take to the cottage along with looney tunes, Tom and Jerry. Oddly enough no Jay Ward stuff? I’ll have to ask him about that!

Watched a lot of cartoons as a kid, but I especially overloaded in the summertime when I visited my grandparents in Southern California for a couple of weeks. On weekday afternoons, during the hottest part of the day, I would hunker down in the den with the 20" box fan running and watch cartoon all afternoon. The local L.A. television stations ran half hour blocks of cartoons, including Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Tennessee Tuxedo, Mr. Peabody & Sherman, Fractured Fairy Tales, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye, The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Snagglepuss, Deputy Dawg, Magilla Gorilla, George of the Jungle...loved all of them.
Chris, that is quite a memory!!!! (or did you look them up. lol)

Pepe Le Pew!!!

How could I have forgotten him. He led me to my skunk collection. lol

Thanks Mark!!

Ooh...just inadvertently got HBO Max, I'll have to check that out.
Hey Chris, see if Mr. Whoopie can show a Weber bullet on the 3DBB!
The three dimensional blackboard was so clever! “Get that down Chumley, “Clever””. So much of my childhood was impacted by so many of those cartoons, I learned about sarcasm, double entendre, irony, the intricacy of clever language. That simply does not happen now, the sense of humor (collectively) has been rendered in “bad taste or offensive”! Hooey, Bugs was funny and it was a CARTOON, not real life, good grief.
I even learned some basic engineering from Mr. Whoopie, Mr. Wizard gave some other scientific information, then he and Julia Child had a baby which gave us Alton Brown!
I’m going to my corner now...
Sorry, that got a bit more off track than originally planned.

I'm a HUGE Looney Tunes fan!
I even follow their Twitter feed!
I keep about 3 hours recorded on my DVR for when the grand sons come over
They LOVE it!

Back