Whiskey - what's your current favorite?

That's a loaded question. We have at least 75 bottles in our bunker, so it depends on our mood.

I'm a bourbon & rye guy, with the occasional drink of Scotch. The Missus likes rye whiskey.

Sometimes Islay peat bombs, (Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, sometimes not, (Balblair, Cragganmore)

There are just too many to choose from.

My desert-island whiskey would be Wild Turkey 101.
My desert island is Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve.

I have a store pick of this and I regret not getting a backup!
I hate when that happens!
I have a couple KC store picks too.
Somehow, Beam picked a real nice barrel of rye, for the Va ABC.
I only bought one, because you can't try it first and I was traveling....otherwise, I would've had a "parking lot pour", then purchased more, if I liked it.
A good liquor store will let you try before you buy.

I rarely drink, but have evan williams on hand for some bourbon sauce that I make...I took a sip of it straight and it's not bad at all

A lot of great names listed so far. I haven't seen Benchmark listed. A lot of people turn their head or noses to is with a price tag of only$9.95, bit I'm gonna tell ya, it's not a bad pour at all.... And it also hurts a lot less (at that price) when you use it in a recipe. I used up the last of my Knob Creek 9 once in a pork butt baste ......it became the most expensive butt I've ever done!!! Lesson learned

Tim

A lot of great names listed so far. I haven't seen Benchmark listed. A lot of people turn their head or noses to is with a price tag of only$9.95, bit I'm gonna tell ya, it's not a bad pour at all.... And it also hurts a lot less (at that price) when you use it in a recipe. I used up the last of my Knob Creek 9 once in a pork butt baste ......it became the most expensive butt I've ever done!!! Lesson learned

Tim
Count me in the "turn their head or noses" crowd.
The cheap bastard in me wants to like Benchmark, but I can't. I tried but it's just not good. It's thin and bland.
For a few bucks more, you can get Evan Williams bottled-in-bond, or Evan Williams Black, which are good pours and cheap enough that you don't mind using it in recipes.

I prefer Jack Daniels black label and this (my last bottle)

Attachments

• AA6CEBDE-289F-48D0-84FD-87EAEE929F7D.jpeg
    AA6CEBDE-289F-48D0-84FD-87EAEE929F7D.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 6
I hear alot about these new " Craft Whiskey" places opening up.
Our Son just came back from Gatlinburg Tennessee and he bought a few bottles of "Craft" moonshine.
He said people down there treat it like it's a fine bourbon.

That's a loaded question. We have at least 75 bottles in our bunker, so it depends on our mood.

I'm a bourbon & rye guy, with the occasional drink of Scotch. The Missus likes rye whiskey.

Sometimes Islay peat bombs, (Ardbeg, Laphroaig, Lagavulin, sometimes not, (Balblair, Cragganmore)

There are just too many to choose from.

My desert-island whiskey would be Wild Turkey 101.
Have you tried Knob Creek Cask Strength Rye? It’s in a class by itself.

I am going to buy my son in law a product that is "organic" and it's grown distilled and bottled here locally in DeKalb IL (the home of barbed wire, Glidden Paint, the first Hybrid Seed Corn and of course Cindy Crawford :D

My every day sipper is Evan Williams, but my favorite is Russell's Reserve single barrel. I'll gladly settle for their 10 or13 year old any time:)

OK, now, I see that I need to increase the size of the booze locker! Merry Christmas!
But seriously, I like way too many my nephew gave me a lovely bottle of 5 year old Armagnac for my birthday last summer, he may be visiting for Christmas so, we will enjoy a wee dram of that for a little Christmas Cheer!
Merry Christmas to all!

RFkRAkv.jpg

I've seen this one, here and there, but the price, (~$90.00 give or take), has always scared me off. I finally pulled the trigger, when I was shopping at the package store on base, and paid $88.00 tax-free 🥃
I love rye whiskey, but have never been a fan of finished whiskey.
Whew! It is sweet and rum-forward. The rye, (it's an MGP juice, which I'm a fan of), is hovering in the background, but it's way to sweet for me.
If I had tried this beforehand, I wouldn't have bought it.
That being said, it will make a great dessert pour, and looks pretty cool on the bar. I'll have to revisit this one, down the road, and reassess.

Attachments

• angels envy rye.jpg
    angels envy rye.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 6

Back