Whats you best recipe for street corn?

JeffG

TVWBB Emerald Member
Butter, mayo, sour creme, crema, cotiga cheese, chili powder, paprika, fresh lime etc.
I'v tried a few and I know it still can be better.

Thanks in advance.

Start with good corn. The local FFA bought out a small farm a couple of years back and is continuing to sell some outstanding yellow sweet corn. All I do is husk it, throw it on the grill right over the coals, wait for a bit of a char to develop, and rotate for 4 sides. A little butter is all we put on it, but I gotta admit that I may start tinkering with some flavored butter.

I sauté some veggies like onions and peppers when those are about done I add some bbq’ed and fillet sweet corn to it and mix it up as I sear it.
It’s better with a sear as far as I’m concerned.

Jeff, IMO you already have the best recipe for Mexican street corn. I use a version from Kenji Lopez and it's the same as yours, except for the crema. I add a little garlic.
My family thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I love it too - as a treat. But it's hard to beat plain ole grilled corn with lots of butter and salt.

The wings look great.🙂

Wife came home with this from Sam's club.
1723647767825.png

I use it to make bowls.

Attachments

• 20240814_101333.jpg
    20240814_101333.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240814_101339.jpg
    20240814_101339.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
But seriously, around here Tajin spice blend seems to be the latest thing.

I've been using it lately to make a 'Dead Man's Handle' - which would probably be a great cocktail to have with Mexican Street Corn.

Now, I'm depressed at my laziness skills. I LOVE corn but have limited time and motivation, often. Tonight, it was some local sweet corn in the microwave with butter and this:

1723689437932.png

For a late and quick dinner for two we enjoyed it quite nicely but I do sometimes yearn for your level of motivation :)

Back