What's cooking this weekend?

My weekend cook was scheduled for today and the heat didn't stop it. I smoked a 4 lb. Pork Butt (Darian's Pork Chop) :LOL: for pulled pork and a rack of St. Louis Spares. My process was to remove my Oxygen hose, go perform a BBQ task and then go back inside and suck up some Oxygen. Improvise, adapt, overcome has new meaning for me. I put the Butt on at 8 AM and got the ribs on late at 12:45. Dinner was at six. The Butt got the Chris Lilly injection and both got Meat Church Honey Hog Rub. My family likes that one and when it's gone I'll try another flavor that I have. I started the cook with temp set at 250F and did all of my cooking on the top grate with water and drip pans on the main grate. When I wrapped the Butt it went into a 300 degree oven because the cook was behind schedule. I got the ribs on late and had the temp up to 275 for them. Recently I've tried variations of the 3-2-1 method and haven't been happy. Today I cooked by the looks of the ribs. Hey, I'm old - it works for me.
😁
When I had some good pullback on the bones I wrapped and finished the cook. When they had an hour in the foil I probed them and they were ready. I think they were my best ribs for some time. Both meats were moist, tender, and tasty. I'm pleased with that cook.IMG_0215.jpegIMG_0219.jpegIMG_0220.jpegIMG_0221.jpegIMG_0222.jpeg

Last edited:
My weekend cook was scheduled for today and the heat didn't stop it. I smoked a 4 lb. Pork Butt (Darian's Pork Chop) :LOL: for pulled pork and a rack of St. Louis Spares. My process was to remove my Oxygen hose, go perform a BBQ task and then go back inside and suck up some Oxygen. Improvise, adapt, overcome has new meaning for me. I put the Butt on at 8 AM and got the ribs on late at 12:45. Dinner was at six. The Butt got the Chris Lilly injection and both got Meat Church Honey Hog Rub. My family likes that one and when it's gone I'll try another flavor that I have. I started the cook with temp set at 250F and did all of my cooking on the top grate with water and drip pans on the main grate. When I wrapped the Butt it went into a 300 degree oven because the cook was behind schedule. I got the ribs on late and had the temp up to 275 for them. Recently I've tried variations of the 3-2-1 method and haven't been happy. Today I cooked by the looks of the ribs. Hey, I'm old - it works for me.
😁
When I had some good pullback on the bones I wrapped and finished the cook. When they had an hour in the foil I probed them and they were ready. I think they were my best ribs for some time. Both meats were moist, tender, and tasty. I'm pleased with that cook.View attachment 77092View attachment 77093View attachment 77095View attachment 77096View attachment 77097
Way to go Lew…Fine looking dinner!

I'm doing a semi Thanksgiving dinner today. I usually make my turkey on a kettle but I want the see what the SmokeFire delivers before the big day.
I would love to hear how you do the turkey, I'm planning to try a whole turkey on my summit 650 using the rotisserie burner

Great deal on pork butts this week so, since the weather is beautiful, I’m smoking a butt!

My favorite kind of bbq. Made a sandwich from my last batch of left over pulled pork yesterday. I used a pretzel roll because that's all I had on hand, I would do it again, it was that good.

Enjoy that butt!

Not nice weather here this weekend. I have a new package of Costco St Louis spares in the fridge. I was gonna throw a slab on Big Z but I think I may have to cook "sheltered" this weekend if I want something smoked. So, a slab might get the nod for Member's Mark. Which BTW since I modded the SSR driver board on that little beauty it has been flawless. Doing everything I ask of it from hot/fast to low/slow. Honestly cannot find anything on it to complain about except OOB bad solder joints on the driver board. The thing is a rock.

A little surf and turf - NY strips and “shrimp on the barbie” when I get home from work today.

Tomorrow I am breaking out the rotisserie and doing a couple of chickens on the Genesis 1000.

Gorgeous weather these days.

EDIT: I found this thread through the what's new button and didn't realize it was in the SF area!

Last night was smoked ribs from the performer along with some drumsticks on the summit. Both were amazing, as my buddy clearly depicts 😂

Today is a whole turkey rotisserie on the summit 650. Pictures later once it gets underway. It's a test for Thanksgiving

Attachments

• PXL_20230930_213524100.jpg
    PXL_20230930_213524100.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20230930_173657_01.jpg
    IMG_20230930_173657_01.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Back