What's cooking this weekend?

How is that/ similar to?
Never seen it round here.
It's the muscle in a picnic shoulder cut from the anterior side. I was originally thinking about spinning it, until I discovered it needs to be cooked low and slow. I wanted to try this marinade and figured the cushion meats would be a good test of it

3/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 tsp black pepper, Italian seasoning & garlic powder

Beef brisket today.

I prepped it yesterday and got up at 3:45 to fire up the WSC.

I decided to fly blind and just use the ambient light to get the grill going- standing there in the darkish morning I just thought this looked good so I took a short video:

IMG_6565.gif
I probably lit too many briquettes because when I dumped the lit coal on top of the unlit, it took up a lot of room- oh well.

The grill settled in around 230 nicely.

I plan on cooking the brisket using a handheld probe thermometer sparingly. No digital remote Bluetooth technology on this cook.

It went on around 4:30.

Around 4-5 hours on the grate and then foil wrap right before church and back on till we get home (at least).

That looks beautiful. I'm going to link this to a thread on a rotisserie end cap after seeing your creative use of the wine cork.

Actually, no I'm not; the wine cork was one of his considerations lol.

Well as promised we ordered pizza, then went to see Frankie Vallie and the 4 Seasons concert. I will post in another thread about the show.

10AM and the meat is on the SF
Good looking prep! After using the M1 yesterday I think I'm using the indoor oven today. It's fun to use splits of wood but after adding a split at 45-55 minute intervals even for just a 5 hour cook I feel smoked-out.

I think this is a plug for the SF and other pellet smokers, lol.

Back