What is your Favorite Vintage Genesis Grill lid color

Which Vintage Genesis lid color is your favorite (pick up to two)

• Black/Mica Black/Jet Black

• Dark Blue/Mica Blue

• Green/Mica Green

• Red

• Mauve/Burgundy/Maroon

• Chocolate/Brown

• Grey

• Burnt Orange

• Stainless

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here are
A few
Pics
Looks pretty much like the stable mate to mine, right now, I can’t remember the date I want to say ‘97.?
When you do the repaint of the firebox there will be a date in the casting. My frame is starting to get a slight list to starboard so, Bruce gave me the number of the bolt fittings to rebuild it and I even ordered them, have not gotten around to the rebuild yet, life got in the way but, I will do that or maybe take a welding class and build a new frame in stainless. Now, only need to get the time! Oh, and material!

Last edited:
Here are
A few
Pics
First of all, Heather, WELCOME TO TVWBB! We are glad to have you participate.

Judging by your pictures that show durawood but also the earlier style burner knobs, I would say your grill is from around 1998. Unfortunately, that era is one where we have a big gap in the catalog and brochure copies we have here on this board. By 2001 they went to the Silver/Gold design and thermoset tables.

Looks like you move out of Florida, but not anywhere near Pennsylvania! I'll send the team of mules lol.
You never know. I may have reason to go to PA! Is that hood really the almost purple shade your picture shows? I have what I would call “maroon” but it is much closer to red than what your picture shows.

12CD92BA-5FB1-49E8-A4E8-7C6A6E56F50E.jpeg

I had them almost all: SS, Black, Black Skyline, Red, Maroon, Green, Blue, Brown... Too many to choose from and too many to keep. I finally decided on Blue. Maroon would be my 2nd choice and Red the 3rd.

You never know. I may have reason to go to PA! Is that hood really the almost purple shade your picture shows? I have what I would call “maroon” but it is much closer to red than what your picture shows.

View attachment 31589
This is true. This the one I had. The color is awesome.

Attachments

• 367F4C5C-23D9-4201-9C9A-58ED186E6595.jpeg
    367F4C5C-23D9-4201-9C9A-58ED186E6595.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 14
I have one grill, but 4 different hoods. Green, red, black, and grey. I switch from time to time.
IE: the green hood goes on for my St. Patrick’s Day party.
I had a similar idea. Green for St Paddy's day, Red for Christmas, ... But I just don't have the space to store additional lids. Plus it would have been too much work to swap the handle light each time I swap a lid.

Looks like your other one is the same “maroon” that I have. I don’t believe I have ever seen a another grill with that color of your almost purple one with the wood slats. I think it is extra special and cool in a unique way.😎

Last edited:
Mine is that color. At least it looks like it to me
Now that you mention that, Larry, I believe you are probably right from what I can remember from seeing yours. I think the color tint on THyde's picture makes it look even more purple than it probably does in real life, but it is still very different from the maroon he also has (which is like mine). I think it is a fairly rare color. I like it!

In a few weeks slash months I'll dress up the one on the left. I never knew they were different, and looking at my own picture, I think the darker lid on the left "goes" better with the brick background. This is why I've been interested in the end cap paint treatments from a different thread. Lefty there needs some serious end cap work! It will be fun to see how great / crappy I can make that 1000, especially the end caps. Perhaps I will have a switcher after all!

Of course, I happen to be in a moment in life where this is not a priority. So what happens? A green top for free shows up on Craigslist. With the entire rest of the 1000 below it of course, but still!

Anyways, I had no idea that the "purple" lid was anything special!

Back