What is your Favorite Vintage Genesis Grill lid color

Which Vintage Genesis lid color is your favorite (pick up to two)

• Black/Mica Black/Jet Black

• Dark Blue/Mica Blue

• Green/Mica Green

• Red

• Mauve/Burgundy/Maroon

• Chocolate/Brown

• Grey

• Burnt Orange

• Stainless

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most women easily have far more gas grills than shoes. They also rehab them and love drinking American beer. Don't get me started on how they are all basically unavailable this weekend because of the implications in football. My wife is outside right now dropping the transmission on my Jeep. She's about five beers in, so I'd say she's almost at the halfway point. She's developing an intense hatred for Tom Brady, whose career she knows in intimate detail, as he annihilates her beloved Eagles. Once she zips up the tranny she said she was going to restore "a few" Genesis Silver B's before getting a rotisserie chicken on the spit.

I know there are plenty of kettle collectors these days. Some here, and even more on the Weber Kettle Club site. Gas grill collecting is definitely another story. You basically would have to have a dedicated garage or large shed to have a place to keep and display a collection of anything more than 3 or 4 gas grills. (Yes, I am still dreaming and scheming on how to do this!)

I say collecting, but WKC members often use many of their antique kettles. Of course, kettles are easier to clean up back to display-worthy condition. I might want 1 or 2 museum piece gas grills to having something to show off, but otherwise any gas grill I owned would still be fair game for - GRILLING!
When I read that first sentence, I thought tea kettles.

What is it with us men? There are a handful of female collectors but this disorder is overwhelmingly a guy thing. The fact that we do silly **** like this stuns my rational mind. I'm including myself here. I have a classic razor collection. Some years back, finding them became something of an obsession. Would drive long distances in search of something new. Amassed somewhere between 75 and 100 razors, some of which are worth real money. Paid $300 for a modern one made by an artisan. Believe it or not, that's not much. Some guys spend $1,000 or more for a single razor. Even weirder, guys in that community love to share them. I've had fellas loan me thousands of dollars worth of gear. They'd mail it to me cross country, not really knowing me from Adam, with just a promise to send it back insured. So I've gotten to drive just about everything.

Funny thing is my favorite razor is a 110 year old antique from 1912 that I stumbled across in a Seattle antique store. Paid all of $20 for it, tax included. It's the last razor I bought because, for me, it blows all the others away. I've tried telling other men about it, knowing it might cause the prices to rise, but apparently I'm unique. No one else has really taken to it. Which probably explains why this razor was manufactured for just one year. And that's the fun thing. Everyone is so unique. One's own preferences require a great deal of exploration. Can take years to explore razors, blades, soaps, brushes, scuttles, aftershaves, etc., etc. Plus one's preferences change over time. I've discovered my needs are quite spartan. Give me a great razor and a sharp blade. I don't even use soaps or creams as I shave in the shower under a stream of hot water. Don't even talk to me about aftershave or pre-shave. I have fancy beaver tail shaving brushes that cost north of $100 but my favorite one is a course horse hair brush from Turkey which cost all of $3. And anymore, I don't even use that.

As for grills, I'm just beginning to feel the pull. Checking Craigslist every day -- multiple times. I've just begun to clean and restore the two that I have and already I'm searching for more. I see myself doing this and think myself nuts! It's a good thing I'm not rich like Jay Leno because I'm sure I'd have a huge car collection and a bevy of technicians to work with me all day in grease covered overalls.
Along with a few rare birds across this country that will do the same thing for an unused claw hammer with labels from the 30’s -50’s, me being one of them but not so much now. The Asian market will funnel the collectible American made hammers through a US address and pay any amount and I mean crazy money. I have a son n law that says its all us “old farts” sitting there hitting the refresh key all the time that keeps them from having anything nice. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Most women easily have far more gas grills than shoes. They also rehab them and love drinking American beer. Don't get me started on how they are all basically unavailable this weekend because of the implications in football. My wife is outside right now dropping the transmission on my Jeep. She's about five beers in, so I'd say she's almost at the halfway point. She's developing an intense hatred for Tom Brady, whose career she knows in intimate detail, as he annihilates her beloved Eagles. Once she zips up the tranny she said she was going to restore "a few" Genesis Silver B's before getting a rotisserie chicken on the spit.

Along with a few rare birds across this country that will do the same thing for an unused claw hammer with labels from the 30’s -50’s, me being one of them but not so much now. The Asian market will funnel the collectible American made hammers through a US address and pay any amount and I mean crazy money. I have a son n law that says its all us “old farts” sitting there hitting the refresh key all the time that keeps them from having anything nice. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Claw hammers? Seriously? Come to think of it, one of mine is a beaut! : )

Back