What is your Favorite Vintage Genesis Grill lid color

Which Vintage Genesis lid color is your favorite (pick up to two)

• Black/Mica Black/Jet Black

• Dark Blue/Mica Blue

• Green/Mica Green

• Red

• Mauve/Burgundy/Maroon

• Chocolate/Brown

• Grey

• Burnt Orange

• Stainless

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
We are trying to find out the most popular lid colors on the vintage (Pre 2007) Genesis gas grill lids. I am using this lid color chart and adding Grey, Burnt Orange and Stainless to the list. I had to combine some of the color variations due to a limit on the number of poll choices available.
Here is the chart with examples of most of the color choices. Feel free to add comments after making your poll choice.
Weber Gas Grill Colors.jpg

Is just me or does the older lids get darker when it gets hotter? I could swear that my Red gets darker when it gets hotter.

Bruce, you have an early "Mica" blue, right? Is it the same blue as this blue lid with the AF logo?

1603399112421.png

It's all these color that drive the kettle collector people crazy. Weber had a lot of fun over the years with all kinds of colors. The revived Glen Blue is a good example, but they made others including some with a two-tone fade.

Regarding color change of porcelain: Yes, it DEFINITELY does that. Yellow is infamous for "blushing" but red does as well. Weber never did make a yellow gas grill except maybe some Q models. I wonder if anybody would go for that on a porcelain hood.

Back