What is the BEST BBQ Forum?

Whats the matter Jim, I'm on the green egg site almost as much as the Weber site. I guess it must be a little too classy for you is all. Just guessing. LOL

classy Russ??? when everyone seems to be insulting each other?
BS.

I don't want to live in a slum.
Enjoy your stay there.

I agree with your post Jim - you and Russ, along with MANY others make this a great place to visit.

I'm continually reminded that I'm not the worlds greatest cook each time I click on others' posts & seeing their pictures.

Another great Shout Out "THANKS CHRIS" for helping me become one of the best BBQers (and cook, in a lot of ways) I know.

I think that using real names on TVWBB and not hiding behind goofy made up screen names is part of what makes this forum great.

also most of the members here realize and understand that each to their own, just because it's the way you do it doesn't mean it's wrong if somebody does it different, bottom line it's the results, besides, I'm to old to bicker any more, I'd just as soon say later and leave.

This is definitely the friendliest forum on the internet (not talking about just bbq forums either).

Like others I belong to some different forums, but this is the best and most friendly forum by far. Thank you Chris!

The fact that this forum is more personal then any other forum,makes it great! Love it! PPl tend to think before they write. Unlike most forums. Its like they say: Wipe your a ss before you sh it is like talking before you think.

Last edited:
I agree. This was one of the first forums I ever got involved in. I was surprised as I explored more forums on the internet how nasty some forums are. I've found a couple others that are pretty good, but this site spoiled me and I'm glad of it. It's really sad to see how mean some people are and even worse to watch someone getting all worked up over some text on a screen. You can just see them having a heart attack at their screen. It's also nice that Chris keeps it clean. He's mentioned this before, but knowing you can log into this site at work without having any issues is great. I've turned some folks on to BBQ'ing at work, and it's been helpful to pull this site up and show them a few things as needed.

Yep, a lot of negativity and snark on some other forums. The thread Mr. Lampe linked to is a good example of that, though I didn't read into other threads, so maybe that's not representative of the norm for the egg guys on that site. Most forums I've been involved in have been generally pretty positive. I encounter enough negativity and such in the normal day to day, that I certainly wouldn't care to spend my time among an online community that fosters more of that behavior. This forum is one of the good ones, where people would rather build each other up than tear each other down, and that's one reason I'm proud to be a member. Thanks to Chris and all others who've made this site possible, and a positive place to spend some time.

I frequent the eggheadforum, a lot. I post there more than I do here, I think because I use my big green eggs more. I will say that the eggheadforum has gone way out of control. There have been some threads where some pretty graphic **** pictures and gifs were posted. I understand some people are into that, but I cant understand how it has a place on a bbq forum. There is no moderation over there, and it shows, big time. I have learned to move on quickly from some threads, and when certain people are posting.

I have never seen any of that here. Good people here, not posting garbage. Beyond all of that, the trashing of webers there just plain ****es me off. This was the original forum that I joined when I got my first smoker in 2009 (18.5 WSM), and still one of my favorites.

EDIT: I just read the thread that the OP referenced. I have seen much worse than this .. but your point is illustrated.

Last edited:
One other thing I would like to add is this is the only forum I encouraged Barb to join. I knew after being on here awhile it would be a safe place for her to get involved with the BBQ / Grilling world. She really loves being here and sharing her experiences and learning from all the helpful people who reside here.

I have to agree with you all. I'm just a guy who likes to cook outside and share my adventures with like minded people. I don't have near the skill of some of the great cooks on this forum but I have never ever failed to receive encouragement and kind words from the members. It's a really great and fun thing we have here.

The loyal ones like yourself Jim that hang around all these years and offer advice and comment on newcomers pics are what keep the site going I think. Also of course, the great ideas from everyone from all over the world. Definitely unique and everyone gels together well. A great place to learn. I've never had three thousand posts on a forum before.

Back