What is everyone's favorite charcoal?

I like B&B, but I will use almost anything....my local academy might have stopped stocking jealous devil and replaced it with B&B comp...$30 for a 24lb bag, got some to try but didnt look inside the bag yet to see if the chunks look better than the regular version....I just like lump better than briqs I think....less waste to clean up ....lots of stores in the area are getting spring grilling shipments in and it's exciting to see

I guess I'm just a philistine. Lol.

I buy KBB, B&B, and even some Royal Oak here and there. I get briquettes and lump. I have a decent sized plastic tub and I just dump whatever I have, regardless of brand and/or medium, into the tub and mix together. Then when it's time to grill I scoop the chimney in there to fill it up, I light the coals until they are hot, then I cook meat over or near them. Eat the meat, then repeat as necessary. And, believe it or not there hasn't been a single comment from one single person ever eating my grilled food wondering about the charcoal brand/type/price. Just saying. Oh, and I have some mesquite pellets that I will toss a handful of on the burning coals for that little kiss of smoke flavor.

Some things don't need to be very difficult, and my opinion is that cooking meat with burning coals is one of those things.
I'm still utilizing the "dump and mix" method. I'm a sucker for mesquite briquettes so anytime I see them I buy them even if I'm at the dollar store. I'm getting close to 50 and my mid-life crisis is to do whatever necessary to promote peace and simplicity in my life when I can. Plus it's just kind of fun to find new types of charcoal and just add it to the mix.

I'm still utilizing the "dump and mix" method. I'm a sucker for mesquite briquettes so anytime I see them I buy them even if I'm at the dollar store. I'm getting close to 50 and my mid-life crisis is to do whatever necessary to promote peace and simplicity in my life when I can. Plus it's just kind of fun to find new types of charcoal and just add it to the mix.
That part about peace and simplicity cannot be overstated. I’m working on that, I have amassed too much stuff, and it conflicts with my Kettle collection. Ultimately I’m a function-over form-person, so the collection will have to go.

Weber Briquettes (no longer available) and B&B Char-logs and B&B Competition Oak Briquettes.
in that order.
I picked up both B&Bs yesterday; second time for the briquettes and I'll be trying the Char-logs on some wings in about an hour or so.

Got a few bags of JD briqs and lump, good stuff, but I have to say I love KPro at this point, it burns clean, gets hot. Reasonable price.

I’ve been using Kingsford to start the B&B minions in my new sNs. I am digging the B&B. (Competition Oak) I’ve been a KBB pro guy for awhile.

I have been using KBB and like it. Everyone says that B&B oak briquettes are the best. I don't really like them. I think they take too long to get started and they don't burn well when you extinguish your fire. I am on my second bag of Blues Hog Briquettes and I like them the best. Start fast, burn hot, less ignition smoke than KBB, and you can re-use them and they burn hot again. My new favorite.

Costco currently has Kingsford Professional on sale, how does it compare to B&B briquettes?
IMO, more flavor on B&B briqs and char logs. But KPro works fine for just about all cooks, it’s easy to use, reliable, stable, cheap, but IMO craps too much waste when burned, 19% of its original weight. That’s a lot of ash.

Back