What is everyone's favorite charcoal?

JohnTak

TVWBB Super Fan
Good input! Thanks!
I have used Kingsford blue bag.
B&B Char-logs, Fogo Super Premium, Blues Hog Lump, these were all good.
Big Green Egg Lump, wasn't too impressed by that one.

JohnTak

TVWBB Super Fan
Kamado Joe Big Block, Rockwood and Jealous Devil are on my list to try if I can find some locally.

MikeCantell

TVWBB Pro
I tried a bag of lump 1 time on my performer, it spit cinders all over my food, after a few cooks with the same results I used it in my offset smoker, I stick with briquets and don't often try different brands, never any match light in 20+ years the best I can remember, a propane torch or a electric heat rod to light. hickory bark for flavor

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
KBB usually but, there were no decent deals on it this year. Costco was running a deal on Kingsford Competition so, I tried some and I like it a lot, burns well, a little less ash, I’ll stock up on more next time it goes on sale.

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Wizard
This kind of thread seems to be most popular, I haven't been around for too long but have seen quite a few of them.
Jealous Devil lump is my fav.
Recently tried the green egg premium hickory. I liked it, gets nice and hot but lots of small pieces in my first bag I picked up.
There was a point I thought FOGO was going to be the best, used it last night to start a fire and it crackled and popped like crazy.
Jealous Devil for sure, but the pieces are pretty big to get lit so I usually start with something that has smaller pieces.
I keep about 5 different kinds of charcoal around.

JohnTak

TVWBB Super Fan
Trying different brands is kind of expensive but I like to separate fact from marketing. I tried a generic briquette years ago, it had gravel in it!☹️

:blackkettle::summite6kamado: