What instant read thermometer do you have?

I have an analog "good cook" thermometer that probably cost me about $10. No batteries, the stem cleans up in a snap, and it's adjustable should the need arise (I actually have it set to 2F high). And it has its own little carrier that clips into a shirt pocket or, in my case, sits in a dish on top of the fridge.

I had/have the original Thermapen and loved it. But when the latest model Mark IV came out with the backlight and auto-rotating display, I had to upgrade. So now I have both.

I pretty much just use the new one now. Those two new features are so handy. If you need to check a brisket at night, or it gets dark during a steak cook, that backlight is sweet. No need to hold a flashlight in your teeth. And auto-rotate is nice when checking a whole chicken or a duck on the rotis and you need to hit it at a variety of odd spots.

Love my Thermopop! Started out with an Alphagrillers Thermabud but it was soooo slow. Sits in the drawer now.

Thermapen mk4. Use it all time , not just smoking.
Its extremely well made compared to cheap ones.

I didn't want to spend the money on it so I put it on my Christmas list and Santa brought it.

I have a couple of thermopops and loved them, but when Thermoworks had that open-box sale on the MK4 a couple months ago, I had to upgrade so I did. The Thermapen MK4 is all I use now. The backlit display is so handy especially now since it's getting dark at 5.

I've been using this ThermPro for 3 years. I cook in all kinds of weather including snow and rain so I don't baby it although I know I should. The thermometer is quick to read, visible and accurate. $11.89 right now at Amazon.

I have a couple of thermopops and loved them, but when Thermoworks had that open-box sale on the MK4 a couple months ago, I had to upgrade so I did. The Thermapen MK4 is all I use now. The backlit display is so handy especially now since it's getting dark at 5.
Ditto. I bought my MK4 at the same time. Love it. It lives in the kitchen at home. I also have two Thermo Pops. One stays at our trailer and the other lives in my travel knife bag.

I bought an original thermopen many years ago. It’s still working. Then I bought an upgraded model. That one works, but it’s quirky. Sometimes when I open it, it does not come on. I also have a MK4 and it’s great. They‘ve really improved over the years. I also have a thermo pop. I never used it but it was on sale a few years back and I just couldn’t help myself.

Back