What instant read thermometer do you have?

I love my thermoPop a great product at a price point that I can handle. The ThermaPen Mk4 is a great product, I just wasn't wanting to spend that amount of money. If you get any Thermo Works products make sure to reach out Chris to find how to use the link to help this forum.

I have the thermopro tp20 as my probe system and I love that product. I have not used any thermopro instant thermometer, but I would think any of there products would be good quality at a really nice price. I thought about this one before I ended up going with the thermopop.

We have two ThermoPops we've had them for years and they have been very reliable. At a price point that is very fair for the quality and speed they provide.

I've got a Thermapen that is indestructible. I've had some others here and there and they break. One that was highly touted was the lavatools javelin. It worked great for a few months. Now it's just kind of fridge magnet. I got a feeling a lot of them are like that. So if you can swing it, and want to buy once, get a Thermapen.

The waterproofing is really about whether you can submerge it for washing. The new design on the ThermaPens ditched the recessed groove where bacterial buildup was occuring. I don't have the waterproof one, but I still wash it in the sink and dry it quickly. Imho, you can get away without the waterproofing...just dry it immediately.

The waterproofing is really about whether you can submerge it for washing. The new design on the ThermaPens ditched the recessed groove where bacterial buildup was occuring. I don't have the waterproof one, but I still wash it in the sink and dry it quickly. Imho, you can get away without the waterproofing...just dry it immediately.
I started with a cheap version that had the pivoting probe like so many pictured in this thread and I too alway worried about bacteria build up in the groove. When I went with the thermopop that has been an added bonus I wasn't even thinking about. I fell like the thermopop is a lot easier to keep clean and every few cooks I wash the sheath really well also.

So I'm looking at getting an instant read thermometer. I really want one that is really fast, accurate, and waterproof.

Let me know what ones you have!
I had a "ThermPro" ($14, mentioned in the review video) and it lasted about 2 months. Splash of water, and it was done. I signed up for the email list at Thermoworks and waited patiently for a sale. They are ALWAYS posting sales (@Chris Allingham does a great job of reposting them here) and once the Thermapen Mk4 showed up, I jumped on it. They are normally $99, but with the sale I got it for $79. Just to reward myself for being a good shopper, I bought the Thermapen Mk4 Silicone Boot for $13. I really like the combo - it sticks to the fridge next to stove and is always available. The Mrs. has also fallen in love with it, which makes it easier to swallow the $100 total.

We've made the conscious decision of purchasing quality over just 'buying something that fits the need', and have yet to be disappointed.

Back