what are you cooking for labor day weekend ?

I’m a sucker for meatloaf.
My wife uses her moms recipe and It’s always been good (unlike some of my creations :) ).
I never have done the insta pot and am thinking of getting one.
I use a crippled crockpot it’s a 3 legged model that use to have 4.
We use multiple coasters as a prosthetic leg.

”Shotgun shells“ are in for an overnight rest, tot’s will happen in the morning, mac and cheese and mettwurst will too. Salmon will be last minute.
I still have to think about what to do for dinner tonight!

Block party this weekend, I’m volunteering my grill. Neighbors will bring conflicting grab bag of stuff, need to “bi-partisan” the grates:
Infidel zone on left (pork and such); Beyond Burgers on right. I’m stuck in the middle with 🍸 🥃

View attachment 58543

As a wise person said in another thread:

1662162134504.png

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Bi-partisan and Berkeley in the same post. LMAO. Not a political comment. Just being observant.
You’re right, the forum bots can censor words like jack *** and dip ****, but allows blasphemy like this that even a child of 3 can root out

Last Night (Friday) was Chicago style deep dish in cast iron. Fabulous.
Tonight is simple baby backs on the kettle with vinegar slaw and charred corn on the cob on the Silver B.
Tomorrow is pastrami, both a flat and a point, on the WSM served on rye with mustard and Swiss with kettle chips and homemade French onion dip. Onions cartelized in cast iron on the Silver B.
Monday is a free for all smorgasbord; reheated baby backs, reheated pastrami, pizzas with the leftovers from Friday, and beer brats (can't have Labor Day in Milwaukee without them). Probably gonna use the Silver B for all of this unless someone else wants to man my Ranch Kettle.

Made tri-tips yesterday. Will have steak salad tonight and probably will be some left over.

Going to Great America tomorrow, that should be fun, hope crowds aren't too bad.

Here in Sonoma County there is a spare the air alert in progress today which means no wood burning (even pellet poopers). With the temperature closing in on the upper 90s, we’ve decided to stay indoors and make Coney Islands with steamed Ball Park beef franks.
Pizza is still on the schedule for tomorrow at my sons in-laws.

Here in Sonoma County there is a spare the air alert in progress today which means no wood burning (even pellet poopers). With the temperature closing in on the upper 90s, we’ve decided to stay indoors and make Coney Islands with steamed Ball Park beef franks.
106° today. Thinking eggplant rollotini tonight. 112-113° over Monday and Tuesday. I’m thinking an ice bath all day will be just fine. We just won’t eat.

Mark, if you’re seeking the true NY dog experience, I offer up this hot and spicy red onion sauce.

You can use ketchup as the base with the onions and take the heat up as you wish with Tabasco or cayenne pepper.

This one’s always a hit, especially newbies who’ve never had this on their dog before.

Happy Labor Day!

Last night was grilled shrimp and some lobster tails I found in the freezer, coconut rice with mango jalapeño relish.

Appetizers were asparagus wrapped with prosciutto.

I did not take pics it was too hot.

Wine was Rosato di Sangiovese served cold.

20220904_112433.jpg

Mark, if you’re seeking the true NY dog experience, I offer up this hot and spicy red onion sauce.

You can use ketchup as the base with the onions and take the heat up as you wish with Tabasco or cayenne pepper.

This one’s always a hit, especially newbies who’ve never had this on their dog before.

Happy Labor Day!
Thanks….

You had a fabulous day for the lake! I had enough food for probably 50 and people backed out all day! Ended up with about 20.
Sorry no pictures of the salmon. But, here are a few. I was up until almost three cleaning up! I need some lunch.
Oh, the overnight “rest”on the shotgun shells improved them greatly! Thanks for that tip Gary!

Attachments

• 95BDD2BE-C4C1-459F-B5BD-057514474545.jpeg
    95BDD2BE-C4C1-459F-B5BD-057514474545.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DF6BF04E-7204-4FDC-BDFE-A986BF9F13ED.jpeg
    DF6BF04E-7204-4FDC-BDFE-A986BF9F13ED.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 813131E7-C103-434F-9BF5-1CBD750F2EC9.jpeg
    813131E7-C103-434F-9BF5-1CBD750F2EC9.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 8B48B65B-2D6F-4406-B0EB-24FA9EDE8692.jpeg
    8B48B65B-2D6F-4406-B0EB-24FA9EDE8692.jpeg