what are you cooking for labor day weekend ?

Going to fire up the chimney and get the WSM going with a pork butt for family dinner later.

Still dark out here on the left coast, just a blush of color on some clouds to the east, but man it is warm and muggy - already got some back sweat going setting up the WSM. It'll be another 90+F day here - gotta load up the fridge with something cold to drink later.

Enjoy your Labor Day!

Dawn color
View attachment 58781

Coals ready to pour
View attachment 58782
Inland or N county? Looks beautiful

I feel for you all with the extreme temps this weekend. Different story here in the Midwest…
View attachment 58755
Lisa said she’s willing to trade places with any of you!
79 here in the ATL tell her to come on down. Low 80's this week nice time of year ate out at a Mellow Mushroom last night wife thought I was nuts had a long sleeve light sweatshirt on they got this Buffalo Pizza to die for leftovers for lunch. Ribs are on the Performer 2nd time with the SNS made an adjustment cruising along at 260 like it a bit higher but not gonna chase temps this time just let her settle in.

James she must be like me which is why I live in the south by the way grew up in Boston left in 96. At 69 degrees Jeans no doubt and a heavy sweatshirt wind or not glad she survived. :)

Today, it was 66* Saturday afternoon it was 88! Wife is sitting under a pair of coats! Today, the party continued with brisket hash, eggs, toast, coffee, rye whiskey enjoyed on cowboy enamel plates and cups. It was a delightful weekend!

Today, it was 66* Saturday afternoon it was 88! Wife is sitting under a pair of coats! Today, the party continued with brisket hash, eggs, toast, coffee, rye whiskey enjoyed on cowboy enamel plates and cups. It was a delightful weekend!
I admire the way you guys roll. It’s always a good time at your place.

Back