What are you cookin' for the 4th?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I grilled burgers Saturday, drummies yesterday, making chicken spiedini tonight, and baby backs tomorrow.

Have a fun filled, and safe Independence Day everyone!

tumblr_op8zd7cdN51rcgl2jo1_500.gif

Roadside chicken last night, Jerk Chicken Friday night. Tomorrow, we'll be at the Nats game, then some quick burgers and dogs before fireworks.

Roadside chicken last night, Jerk Chicken Friday night. Tomorrow, we'll be at the Nats game, then some quick burgers and dogs before fireworks.
The Nats kicked our butts yesterday, but we got 'em for two. ;)

Sounds like we're both on a chicken diet.

Friday was Korean ribs
Saturday was locally made sweet Italian Sausages as "hot dogs" with all the fixin's.
Sunday was fresh wild Sockeye salmon
Today is Baby Backs on the WSM
Monday is burgers with the works, including some diced Hatch green chiles I've been saving.

The Nats kicked our butts yesterday, but we got 'em for two. ;)

Sounds like we're both on a chicken diet.

That was a good game yesterday. The other two? Not so much...

And yes to the chicken diet. We'll be at a neighbor's tonight grilling fajitas. Chicken fajitas.

Friday Cedar planked chicken thighs.
Saturday Hamburgers with homemade onion rings
Sunday Worlds worst spareribs.
Monday smoked beef roast, Brussels sprouts, smashed taters.
Tuesday four different kind of chicken wings, homemade potato salad and apple pie and root beer BBQ beans.

I'm still recovering from Sat's graduation party for my youngest son Joshua. The Moving Wall is in town and that meant alot to my family.
I cooked so much Sat, ( 4- 10 lb's butts, a 25 lb whole ham, 6# of sloppy joes, 20# of crashed taters and 50 ears of corn, and a boatload of other sides,( beans, slaw, mac salad), that just some simple burgers and chips are on the menu tomorrow.:)
Happy Independence Day to all!

Tim

Last edited:
Tuesday four different kind of chicken wings, homemade potato salad and apple pie and root beer BBQ beans.
I'll bring the Bloody Bobs and an appetite!
We will have Jo's German potato salad and corn to go with the baby backs tomorrow.

OT, Brooke got a scrambled egg with her morning food for her 9th birthday, been spoiling her all day.

Last edited:
Two butts, 4 pounds of sausages, pound of dogs - Saturday.

Two whole chickens, 5 ears of corn - Sunday.

Leftovers for Monday.

Ribs and corn ears for the 4th.

Afterwards, who knows? :p

I worked Saturday, grilled some burgers when I got home. Sunday was a smoked chuckie fail, left it in the cast iron way too long while we were away from the house. Working today, working tomorrow. Work, work work.

I'll bring the Bloody Bobs and an appetite!
We will have Jo's German potato salad and corn to go with the baby backs tomorrow.

OT, Brooke got a scrambled egg with her morning food for her 9th birthday, been spoiling her all day.

Happy Birthday Brooke! Make sure Dad gives you that tummy rub Barb and I sent you.

We usually have some sort of egg dish on Sunday and Whitney gets a scrambled egg. I swear that dog knows when it's Sunday even before we start breakfast she's cruising the kitchen watching every move we make. The other days after her morning walk she just lays by the front door watching the world go by until I call her to feed her.

Just having a couple friends over. I've got some burgers in the freezer that I'll be cooking up. In early so the fireworks don't scare my doxie too much!

Friday was filets. Tonight was turkey sausage and pork chops on the 18" kettle.

I've got a turkey breast that I am going to cook with some cherry or maple. That'll be lunch. For dinner? Guess what I found in Florida?!?!? TRI TIP!!!! Now, the question is what wood to use. I have hickory, pecan, apple, cherry, and maple.

Friday was filets. Tonight was turkey sausage and pork chops on the 18" kettle.

I've got a turkey breast that I am going to cook with some cherry or maple. That'll be lunch. For dinner? Guess what I found in Florida?!?!? TRI TIP!!!! Now, the question is what wood to use. I have hickory, pecan, apple, cherry, and maple.
Congrats on the tri tip score Dan.
I'd go with hickory or pecan, since it has a big beefy flavor, and IMO, needs something more than fruit wood.
Chris has some good info here:
http://virtualweberbullet.com/tritip1.html

Back