Well My ThermoPro Failed Me

Near the end of the cook. No I didn't contact them. I maybe will try tomorrow. But I have lots of work left on my new "toy" in the garage

By drone???? LOL
No Bruce they work until quite late. IT was after 8 when the garage camera noted the drop off. I also got some bright yellow zerk fitting caps for my tractor. Hoping the bright caps will do 2 things. One remind me where to grease it and 2 protect the fittings from clogging up

Yah, that is a great idea on the zerk fittings. Those things tend to hide. When you know there are 8 fittings you need to grease and can only find 6, those yellow ones will make the search easier.

I'm sorry to hear that. If I'm remembering right I got mine (same model) at the same time as you got yours. Mine is still working well at this point but it's a bit concerning. I do love that huge bright and easy to read display.

If mine breaks I might pony up the $100 for a thermoworks? Although that 15 thermopro would be tempting. You could buy 6 of them for the price of one thermoworks.

Yeah given my age I will likely run out of time before I run out of being able to buy the cheaper ones at less than the Thermoworks LOL

I'm sorry to hear that. If I'm remembering right I got mine (same model) at the same time as you got yours. Mine is still working well at this point but it's a bit concerning. I do love that huge bright and easy to read display.

If mine breaks I might pony up the $100 for a thermoworks? Although that 15 thermopro would be tempting. You could buy 6 of them for the price of one thermoworks.
All I can say is that while I have huge respect for Thermoworks - and own a couple of their products (Thermopop and Smoke) - I think my orange ThermoPro has amazing build quality for the price. It seems solid, and the battery door is lined with a tiny rubber seal and held in with a screw that has a brass receiving end. Most cheap ones just screw into plastic. I use this one regularly and have zero complaints. Even my wife grabs it to use for oven cooking! I am personally hard pressed to see what anyone could do that would be dramatically better for any amount of $. I guess if I could change one thing it would be fir them to offer a better color than orange. I love the way the newer Weber one looks but doubt it as good or worth the high asking price.

I never pay MSRP for any Thermoworks product. They put everything on sale, often. I think it was last week, they had 25% off the entire site. I would not pay more than $65 to $70 for a Thermopen, thats if I had to buy one, but I don't have to because the one I bought years ago still works like a charm. And I trust it to read correctly, which is maybe the most important feature.

Today, Thermoworks has Thermopops for $25.

I bought a Signals yesterday for $171 , reg $240 .

So just got off the phone with them. Actual American English speaker I could understand. Asked for the old Amazon order number. Gave it to him (BTW I bought it in Dec 2019), and he is sending me a new TP19 unit. I wonder if even the expensive spread would do that? So now I have my orange one and I have another red one on the way. Like grills and tools I guess a guy can't have too many LOL

So just got off the phone with them. Actual American English speaker I could understand. Asked for the old Amazon order number. Gave it to him (BTW I bought it in Dec 2019), and he is sending me a new TP19 unit. I wonder if even the expensive spread would do that? So now I have my orange one and I have another red one on the way. Like grills and tools I guess a guy can't have too many LOL
I have two instant read thermometers in the kitchen. One is a backup for when someone forgets to clean the main one and I want to take a measurement right away.

From others experiences that I've read, yes ... they will. But I really doubt they have to do that very often .

Back