WEBER Vieluxe new life, New Year 2021

Side burner works fine with orfus from 450 side burner

Attachments

• 20210102_161726.jpg
    20210102_161726.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 21
Last ones of today... got fire box out. Oven cleaner, then to car wash.. happy with it. Not sure how much more effort its worth getting it cleanner..

Attachments

• 20210102_180135.jpg
    20210102_180135.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210102_180139.jpg
    20210102_180139.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 54
What is the gauge of the firebox SS ? Don’t recall seeing a SS firebox on a grill except on a $4000 Firemagic.

Last edited:
Ok guys.. i ordered some spuds.. now to find drill bits.. looks like i need 4 at 12,500 btu, it says the side burner is 28,000 btu do u think that means both? I would guess yes, so 14,000 each and smoker burner is at 8,000...

Where is the best chart to follow.. what bits do i need??

Thanks in advance

I spent 3.5 hours cleaning today.. nothing else on grill.. ordered parts for strikers.. January is the month i am hammered at work so probably wont be out in shop much this week. Wanted to get parts on the way.

Last ones of today... got fire box out. Oven cleaner, then to car wash.. happy with it. Not sure how much more effort its worth getting it cleanner..
Seeing that real, solid stainless firebox makes me all the more determined to figure out how to retrofit something on 1st generation Summits to move them in that direction. No, they aren't a Vieluxe by any measure, but the first Summits were really good grills but with an egregious fault in the construction of their firebox. On the Vieluxe there were no compromises made - just the best of everything from that time.

Seeing that real, solid stainless firebox makes me all the more determined to figure out how to retrofit something on 1st generation Summits to move them in that direction. No, they aren't a Vieluxe by any measure, but the first Summits were really good grills but with an egregious fault in the construction of their firebox. On the Vieluxe there were no compromises made - just the best of everything from that time.
Ill take one for my 450.. i love that thing.. i feel like ihave to keep hoarding parts so i can keep these things going

Ok guys.. i ordered some spuds.. now to find drill bits.. looks like i need 4 at 12,500 btu, it says the side burner is 28,000 btu do u think that means both? I would guess yes, so 14,000 each and smoker burner is at 8,000...

Where is the best chart to follow.. what bits do i need??

Thanks in advance
This has been my "got to" chart and it's never let me down. One thing I do as precision reams are hard to find is when I do a resize I go to one size under and then test. If for nothing else it's easier to get a precise size when the hole is very close to it's final rather than trying to get it all at once.
As for your side burner setup my guess it's a total for the 2 burners so 14k each

thanks!! so I think I should order a 57, 58 and a 65 drill bit... unfortunately I know I can not buy them at my local hardware store.

thanks!! so I think I should order a 57, 58 and a 65 drill bit... unfortunately I know I can not buy them at my local hardware store.
Sure you can. I buy them at my local Menards (similar to Home Depot/Lowes), Also at Hazard Fraught. They're quite easy to find.

Huh.. ok.. i didn't try any of those place, just went to my small town hardware store and the kid looked at me like i was smoking crack

Work has been killing me, year end always sucks for me. Things finally starting to come together. Major cleaning is done. It came out great. All ignitors working on older summit stuff so that is good. Still waiting on my spuds.. ugh.. its really whats holding me up. The will be here Tuesday.. then this thing can go back together.

Back