WEBER Vieluxe new life, New Year 2021

I drilled the side burners out to a size smaller. I tried them in there.. same thing.. just a smaller flame

I drilled the side burners out to a size smaller. I tried them in there.. same thing.. just a smaller flame
So maybe its me your video when you went to really low seemed fine I have a Silver C its not like low to high is a flamethrower. IMO cook on the damn thing not sure what you are cooking really low unless you are warming up stuff or keeping it warm and that would be easy on that grill use 2 burners to cook leave 2 burners off move what you want to keep warm to the side the burners are off. Its not a smoker so don't expect those kind of results.

Edit: You have done a great job on this by the way. Probably unlike some others I could care less about what my grate temp is on the C as well as the Performer I use the the built in therm and learn my grill and what temps get me the results. I do wings on the performer my temp is always 350 what is the grate temp could care less is it hotter down there of course it is. Same with steaks on the C I only buy thick rib eyes or filets which tend to be thicker. At around 500 my rib eyes will generally be done on 4 minutes a side like ours a bit less than medium rare filets about 5 minutes since they are generally thicker.

Now when I am smoking I have a uds and my therm is 12" so basically in the middle of the drum about 1" below the cooking grate shoot for 275 and I still can easily use my Maverick as that is up above the top of the grate through a hole and is laying on the side 1" above the grate. I can watch a game and I know the Mav will be around 70 degrees less than what that therm is below the grate.

Last edited:
Yea i hear ya... i was just worried i think at first. Ur right.. i think i just need to put some miles on it and then decide

Honestly even on a known perfect manifold there is not the same difference in flame height as it's very difficult to tell what temps are doing from looking at a flame. Your first pics looked to me like you made a flame thrower. Though I am basing that on remembering what my Summit looked like which as near as I could tell the first gen Summit and Vieluxe are nearly the same grill.

So... that brings up a great point.. i just went and fired up my summit 450. It definitely has less flame hight, but also does very similar with the flame heights on hi to low.. soooooo that makes me feel better... i could maybe drop hole size a bit.

Yeah when those charts are made those orifices are sized with precision mill bits not twist bits which always open a hole quite a bit larger than you think.

I didn't see an real yellow tips on the flames, just occassional ones. I think it is probably burning about right.

I didn't see an real yellow tips on the flames, just occassional ones. I think it is probably burning about right.
You are confusing mixture with flow. Mixture can be off no matter what. It was fine. Just flowing too much gas at first glance IMO.

Back