Weber Summit Charcoal Grill and Summit Charcoal Grilling Center - New for 2016

Thanks for the link Chris. The one thing I noticed and was thinking about is the table height is greater than the Performer. I truly love mt Performer for the working height and the SCG looks even better.

Blog post on Weber Nation:

http://www.weber.com/weber-nation/blog/the-summit-charcoal-grill-it-has-finally-arrived

"It is with great pleasure that we introduce to you today and unveil the newest member of the Weber family, the Summit® charcoal grill! After several years of testing and development thru hundreds of hours of lab and field work, we are so excited to finally share it with everyone."

"We have also launched a number of new charcoal accessories including specific covers for each model, a new charcoal rake, an expansion grilling rack, and a large rib rack."

But wait, there's more!

Once you decide to purchase this product, please make sure you register this grill. Once registered, you will receive a free beautiful hard covered Summit® charcoal grill cookbook where every recipe was specifically developed for this product. It is an exceptional gift from us and the recipes are outstanding.

Mike at Another Pint Please has a write-up about his involvement with the Summit Charcoal Grill. I thought those teaser photos looked like his work and they were. In one of his photos, you'll notice cooking grates hanging off the right end of the cart...neat.

http://www.anotherpintplease.com/home/2016/4/the-weber-summit-charcoal-grill

Thanks for the link Chris - I've followed Mike for a while and he is fantastic. It looks like a fantastic creation. I'll be looking for a used model when the time is right.

The Performer style will go for $1999.00! That's $2000.00! I'll keep my Performers and WSM's, thanks just the same...

Considering how a couple of minor additions (a couple of firebricks and a Pizza Stone rack) make a Performer so versatile, no chance I would be interested in the Summit, NO WAY!

Keep on smokin'
Dale53:wsm:

So who besides Chris is getting one?

I was actually starting to think maybe......
but just before dozing off for my daily afternoon nap I started thinking pros and cons with what I already have.
Many of the nice features on the SCG, with table, I already have on my Performer.
table-gas assist-ash catcher-rack below-charcoal storage
As far as barbecuing ability, I have that with my WSMs.
Plus, I can barbecue and grill at the same time.
Bonus too for no learning curve with what I'm already accustomed to using.
So I'm good for now, but that could change if they design a new Performer around that 24" grate and price it decently.

Sorry but I find it totally underwhelming. Overpriced and not value for money. Perhaps I have missed something and it will cook in some fabulous way that no other Weber product can.

It is priced at £1,499 = $2,117 here in the UK. The table version won't be available.

It looks great out of the box, all nice and shiny but if you use it much it will soon lose the shine. All the metal and springs will soon look grimy and pick up dents.

I would rather spend a bit more and add a BGE to my One Touch and WSM.

I cannot see it selling many in the U.K.

It might be worth buying one and keeping it in the box unopened for 25+ years because I think it might become a rare collectors item, like a Sinclair C5 or a DeLorean

I was actually starting to think maybe......
but just before dozing off for my daily afternoon nap I started thinking pros and cons with what I already have.
Many of the nice features on the SCG, with table, I already have on my Performer.
table-gas assist-ash catcher-rack below-charcoal storage
As far as barbecuing ability, I have that with my WSMs.
Plus, I can barbecue and grill at the same time.
Bonus too for no learning curve with what I'm already accustomed to using.
So I'm good for now, but that could change if they design a new Performer around that 24" grate and price it decently.

Perfect.....................

More photos from Weber press relations:

SCG_side_lifestyle%20-%20Copy_zps1m7roraj.jpg

SCG_steak_zpshovpik2q.jpg

Weber%20Summit%20char%20side_zpsxehlya4n.jpg

scg%20straight%20product%20shot%20-%20Copy_zpslbosihqy.jpg

scg%20with%20side%20cart%20-%20Copy_zpstwbtyv2a.jpg

Thanks for the link Chris - I've followed Mike for a while and he is fantastic. It looks like a fantastic creation. I'll be looking for a used model when the time is right.

Chris, Jim, & Bob, thanks! That video is by far my favorite!

Also, for comparison purposes, here is the SCG & the Performer side by side.

I showed the pics and videos to Mrs. TVWB this morning. She says, "You're going to have to get one, to see how it smokes compared to the WSM, right?"

God, I love my wife. :D
she is Mrs. Wonderful!

actually Chris, i think Weber should GIVE you one and critique it for them.
They know you.
They know the type of joint you run here. This site is as close to a Weber web site as it can possibly get without being run by Weber themselves.
They should ALREADY have one being delivered to your front porch TODAY!

she is Mrs. Wonderful!

actually Chris, i think Weber should GIVE you one and critique it for them.
They know you.
They know the type of joint you run here. This site is as close to a Weber web site as it can possibly get without being run by Weber themselves.
They should ALREADY have one being delivered to your front porch TODAY!

Hear Hear, I second that motion!

Chris, Jim, & Bob, thanks! That video is by far my favorite!

Also, for comparison purposes, here is the SCG & the Performer side by side.

Mike, congratulations on the work you did on this project. Top notch!

And you're the first to have the Summit Charcoal Grill smilie in your signature. :summitcharcoal: :)

Back