Weber Performer 22 Kettle swap to Crimson;

ChadRex

TVWBB Super Fan
Weber Performer 22 Crimson;
  • I added my old Tuck away lid bail
  • added an updated One touch ring/bowl ( Weber sent me the wrong ash bowl - I ordered a black one, they told me to keep the extra on2)
  • I still need to clean that table better,
    • seems to be some deeper stains that aren't coming out. ( any suggestion on cleaning these metal side tables?)
  • added a Tel-Tru on the vent side and probably paint the ash bowl black
  • replaced the charcoal grate.
  • swapped the handle for a master touch black lid handle w/shield
  • I order the SNS Smoke hole cover so I will add that to the bowl
  • Going to add the Tom Horseman polish treatment to it as well
Perfromer original.png
Weber Performer Crimson 2.JPG

Weber Performer Crimson 3.JPG

Weber Performer MOD Crimson .JPG

Weber Performer MOD Crimson 2 .JPG

Last edited:
I’ve always had a notch in my WSM, (member Dan who I bought it from years ago) never felt a need on my kettle. Call me a Caveman but, none of these modifications were around when I started grilling.
BUT, if I were to add a port, I like the finished look of that!

I’ve always had a notch in my WSM, (member Dan who I bought it from years ago) never felt a need on my kettle. Call me a Caveman but, none of these modifications were around when I started grilling.
BUT, if I were to add a port, I like the finished look of that!
Some people are silicone grommet people, some prefer using cable glands, others like to notch their bowl.

I am a nipple person. (lamp nipple, that is) ;)

Low profile-clean look , small size hole to drill & it caps off when not in use.

Where did you find the crimson kettle? Sort of interested in doing something like this with my gen 2.
I got the original idea from TVWBB member Samuel after I had received the Crimson Performer Deluxe kettle as a warranty replacement for my blue Weber Performer Deluxe.had some chipped porcelain where the lid bail attached.
Well I was able to sand and repaint the area, and decided to use the Crimson one that Weber sent, as a Crimson standard Performer. I found a cheap used standard Performer on FB. Just swapped out the black kettle with my new Crimson.

If you wanted to put another kettle in your Gen 2 Performer, you can find your replacement kettle and then add mounting brackets sold by a few places. There are videos of people adding a Master Touch kettle into a Performer cart.

I was lucky enough to receive a warranty replacement of a performer kettle with the mounting brackets already installed.

Here is a post where added a copper kettle to Gen 2 Performer

Last edited:

Back