Performer Trade and Swap

Samuel

TVWBB Wizard
I have been wanting a Short Performer and I guy offered to trade me one for my Pit Barrel Cooker, So I did. Someone else on a forum had a Lid and Bowl I wanted for it. This is the result. So, tell me would you have made the trade? I have no regrets. Just curious.

Pit Barrel Cooker:

Pit Barrel Cooker pic 9.jpg

Black Short Performer:

Black Short Performer pic 1.jpg

After the Kettle Swap:

Blue Short Performer pic 1.jpgBlue Short Performer pic 2.jpg

Bumping an old thread

How did you hook the blue kettle to the performer cart?

I want to do this with a red kettle.

Are there brackets somewhere that will allow a kettle to be attached to the Performer cart?

Bumping an old thread

How did you hook the blue kettle to the performer cart?

I want to do this with a red kettle.

Are there brackets somewhere that will allow a kettle to be attached to the Performer cart?

SAM,
You made a deal that you wanted, then you took it to the next level. That Blue really popps and makes this grill look amazing.
Great trades.

I received a new performer bowl and lid from Weber as a warranty replacement for my current performer. I ended up doing a spot paint touch up.

Now I have a brand new Crimson Performer bowl and lid.

I am looking for a standard Performer cart, like the one you have here.
I am willing to trade my Smokey Joe WSM for a standard Performer cart.

I have an extra ash catcher and one Touch assembly, as well as a Tuck Away lid bail.

I have everything needed except the performer cart.
I want to do the same thing you did here.

20231021_113558.JPG

I have been wanting a Short Performer and I guy offered to trade me one for my Pit Barrel Cooker, So I did. Someone else on a forum had a Lid and Bowl I wanted for it. This is the result. So, tell me would you have made the trade? I have no regrets. Just curious.

Pit Barrel Cooker:

View attachment 70445

Black Short Performer:

View attachment 70446

After the Kettle Swap:

View attachment 70447View attachment 70448

Does your Blue bowl have the holes in the bowl for the deluxe propane ignition assist?

Weber sent me an extra Performer Bowl and Lid ( warrant replacement ) and I want to build a cart like yours here with the smaller Performer.

Issue is they replacement Weber sent me is for Performer Deluxe so I have extra Holes in the kettle bowl that wont be used with the shorter performer cart. any ideas on what to do about those holes?

Weber Performer Bowl 1 .JPGWeber performer Bowl 2.JPG

I was considering adding the Smoke hole Kit , and then finding some small stainless bolts for the smaller holes.

Do you guys think that would suffice to address these extra holes in the kettle bowl?

smoke hole.PNG

Last edited:
Holes can be plugged with SS bolts, nuts & washers.
The bigger hole is not perfectly round, I think the SNS Smoke Hole Cover would fit it.
I am just not sure its worth $30.00 ( 14.99 + 15.00 for s/h) for such a small light weight item, they really stick it to you on s/h.

I am planning on getting stainless bolts/washer for the 2 smaller holes

Back