Weber Performer Gen 2 Makeover

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
I purchased my Weber Gen 2 Performer brand new back around 2007 & has been in full rotation ever since. I do not recall why I did not order it online, yet instead I drove an hour one way to a big box store that had one. I do remember the expression on the sales associate’s face when I told him that I would be leaving him with the box & packaging material, knowing ahead of time that the grill in its box would not fit in my 2 door Honda Accord Coupe! Although the grill still functioned perfectly, I wanted a change in color along with some upgrades & mods. Over the years I have accumulated various components knowing that I would eventually give the grill a facelift. Fast forward to the present, & I now have a revitalized Copperhead, with too many upgrades & mods to mention. I think you can see most of them if you look close enough.

Before:

IMG_3016.JPG

After:
IMG_5453.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5439.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

The before picture looks just like the one I have. I like what you did in the updates look great too. Great job

The wood handles really pop.
Looks like you also have copper on the Tuck away lid bail.

That smoke hole, is that for a thermostatically controlled fan?

Nice work.

The wood handles really pop.
Looks like you also have copper on the Tuck away lid bail.

That smoke hole, is that for a thermostatically controlled fan?

Nice work.
The wood handles on this Performer are Zebra wood, they are also on the lid bail support posts. The wood handles are made by an individual whose handle is Zavod44, Brian O'Neal. He has been making these handles for Weber grills for some time. Here is a link to his Ebay auctions, He can do anything you ask him to. The smoke hole in the front is a BBQ Guru adaptor for the fan which is an ATC. I also have a smoke port hole cover towards the back top part of the grill for temperature probes, that can't be seen in the pictures.

The wood handles on this Performer are Zebra wood, they are also on the lid bail support posts. The wood handles are made by an individual whose handle is Zavod44, Brian O'Neal. He has been making these handles for Weber grills for some time. Here is a link to his Ebay auctions, He can do anything you ask him to. The smoke hole in the front is a BBQ Guru adaptor for the fan which is an ATC. I also have a smoke port hole cover towards the back top part of the grill for temperature probes, that can't be seen in the pictures.

Very nice mods.
I see that the newer metal table fit the old Performer.
Is your probe port cover the SNS probe port cover?

The last thing I want to add to mine is a probe port hole. I bought this Stainless steel cable gland.
I just need to find the right place to install it in my Performer Deluxe.

Last edited:
Very nice mods.
I see that the newer metal table fit the old Performer.
Is your probe port cover the SNS probe port cover?

The last thing I want to add to mine is a probe port hole. I bought this Stainless steel cable gland.
I just need to find the right place to install it in my Performer Deluxe.
My probe port cover is SS but resembles the SnS one, located on top back side, see pic below. I bought the metal table probably 5 years ago when things weren't as crazy priced as they are today due to inflation.

Attachments

• IMG_5620.jpg
    IMG_5620.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 16
My probe port cover is SS but resembles the SnS one, located on top back side, see pic below. I bought the metal table probably 5 years ago when things weren't as crazy priced as they are today due to inflation.
That looks like a good location for the one I plan on installing.

That looks like a good location for the one I plan on installing.
I used the attached link as a guide for determining where to place the fan & probe ports:

The grill sits flush with the top edge?
Because I am using a heat diffuser plate for smoking I want to be able to place a water pan on top of the plate. To be able to do this I added some cooking grate adaptors which allows the cooking grate to be extended by about 2 inches. Here is a link to a thread regarding the grate adaptors.

Back