Cooking Grates Stand Adapter Support

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
If you need to add height to your grill grate & you do not want to drill into the kettle, I found these on Amazon. In my case I needed some extra space for a water pan when using the kettle as a smoker. This inexpensive tweak works, highly recommended!

Attachments

• IMG_5524.jpg
    IMG_5524.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Without Adapter.jpg
    Without Adapter.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 62
  • With Adapter.jpg
    With Adapter.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 62
Just browsed the site; I see he only has 18.25" stainless grates left.... What Weber does that fit? Its too large for my WSM 18.5", too small for the 22" Kettle. I would like to capture on one of his last supply of an excellent product.
In the description ( click on (buy now ) it's for BGE or Visions kamados

In the description ( click on (buy now ) it's for BGE or Visions kamados
I read that part, but the following paragraph description : "New, hand crafted, custom made heavy duty stainless steel cooking grate is made with 0.25'' thick 304 stainless steel wire.This 304 stainless steel BBQ grates will guard against corrosion and will last many years over nickel plated steel grates, guaranteed!. This unit directly replaces Weber unplated wire grates that becomes corroded and unsafe.
So I was hoping this stock would fit something I own...... Wishful thinking. But thanks for the quick response...

I read that part, but the following paragraph description : "New, hand crafted, custom made heavy duty stainless steel cooking grate is made with 0.25'' thick 304 stainless steel wire.This 304 stainless steel BBQ grates will guard against corrosion and will last many years over nickel plated steel grates, guaranteed!. This unit directly replaces Weber unplated wire grates that becomes corroded and unsafe.
So I was hoping this stock would fit something I own...... Wishful thinking. But thanks for the quick response...
The only odball grate that I know of was the older SJP or jumbo joe. That grate was a 1/2" or so wider then a regular 18.5" grate closer to 18" then 17 1/2"
That one just might fit, I'll check on mine.
OK so it's 3/8" wider 17 7/8"

Last edited:
The only odball grate that I know of was the older SJP or jumbo joe. That grate was a 1/2" or so wider then a regular 18.5" grate closer to 18" then 17 1/2"
That one just might fit, I'll check on mine.
OK so it's 3/8" wider 17 7/8"
Thanks Tim: I'm ordering the Hunsaker SS upper and lower cooking grates for my son's 2011 WSM 18.5"; will those grates fit the JJ?

I want to know all the pros and cons of of all the easy spin grates out there.
I am so tried of my Weber grate slaming the grate mounting tabs.

So please fill me in with your real world experiences.
And Thank you ahead of time.

Back