Weber genesis igniter bracket discontinued... anyone know a replacement part?

I think part 87456 maybe compatible:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/rocker-switch-and-bracket-assembly-grey-p-1476758.html

Though I would order it direct from Weber rather than ereplacements. I ordered an 87679, which is the same as the 87456 but black. I have not finished my Genesis 1000 resto yet, but I test fit it when I received the part and it fits the opening perfectly. Hopefully, one of the hardcore flippers with infinitely more experience than myself will chip in about compatibility.

Hopefull

Thanks J, Yes, that 92515 is discontinued from weber. I ordered from ereplacements and they said it would never be available... so not sure why they're still advertising it.

I'll take a look at that other part you mentioned. Couldn't hurt to try it as it's pretty cheap. Thanks!

I might have a few of these rocker switches lying around. I need to check tonight. Not clean but working.

One thing this thread shows is that the ready availability of parts for the Genesis 1-5, x000 grills is starting to wind down. Fortunately, for the main consumables like grates and flavorizer bars, there are many aftermarket options. But, for more specific parts, keeping an inventory of re-usable - even if not perfect - parts for these grills is going to become more and more important for restorers.

I might have a few of these rocker switches lying around. I need to check tonight. Not clean but working.

I was going to order the replacement part today, but i will wait if you can check tonight, I'd gladly buy yours.

Do you have the complete assembly? The switch isn't hard to get but the square bracket that it sits in is the part that's discontinued.

Yes it would be the complete assembly. I was not even aware that the switch was sold in two parts. I thought it was sold as one part. Bracket and push down switch.

I'll take a look at that other part you mentioned. Couldn't hurt to try it as it's pretty cheap. Thanks!

The black one I bought fits. Here is a thread on black switch and knobs:

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?74987-New-Black-Knobs-and-Black-Ignitor-Switch-Cover-replacing-the-old-gray-ones-on-my-2000

Here is a pic of Bobby Segars Genesis 2000 with the black pieces:

XcBhq2P.jpg

One thing this thread shows is that the ready availability of parts for the Genesis 1-5, x000 grills is starting to wind down. Fortunately, for the main consumables like grates and flavorizer bars, there are many aftermarket options. But, for more specific parts, keeping an inventory of re-usable - even if not perfect - parts for these grills is going to become more and more important for restorers.

Yep, I agree Jon. That is why I won't shy away from grabbing a beat up POS on the curb or even pay a few bucks for it. If you can just use one small part off it that is unavailable elsewhere, you are already way ahead.

Can't wait to start the rehab on my gen2 trying to find such things as the small grease tray, the scale bar and I'm sure I'll find some other things missing.

I got a few. Found 2 so far. One is in good shape with a minor scratch. And one has had the plastic corroded. You can have both for free. Just shipping cost.

BVVSInv.jpg

Last edited:
Not perfect, but an hours soak in a cup of bleach will go a long ways to cleaning them up. Then a little scrubbing with a green scrubby or #0000 steel wool and they will look pretty darn good.

But, if you are going for a no compromises restore, then I would grab one of those newer rounded switches. They are interchangeable with the older ones.

Back