Weber Genesis 2000--VINTAGE Mid 90's RED *RESTORED*

MarkSiebel

TVWBB Fan

Weber Genesis 2000—VINTAGE Mid 1990’s RED—3 Burner LP Gas Grill--**RESTORED **

My 2nd CLASSIC/VINTAGE Weber grill restoration!! They get easier each time!! :)

Weber Genesis 3-Burner LP gas grill, ALL original EXCEPT:
BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC WEBER PARTS:

#7638 -- Porcelain-Enameled Cast Iron Cooking Grates
#9813 – Flavorizer bars / set of 13
#7513 – Warming rack
#6414 – Locking caster wheels
#78960 – Control knobs
#7509 – Igniter kit
#62565 -- 21" Hose and Regulator with 1/8" NPT Male Thread with QCC1 connection

Minwax—gel--OUTDOOR/wiping stain/classic cherry (for OAK handle only)
Minwax—Helmsman indoor/outdoor—Spar Urethane Gloss Oil-Based Varnish (for handle and table slats)
Rust-Oleum Specialty High Heat and Standard Black Rust Resistant Spray Paint

Redwood for table slats--Oak for handle

Last edited:
Might not want to cook in that thing. Sheesh. I wouldn't want to get it dirty.

Looks good just need that left hand flip up table and it will be complete and a true 2000 right now it's more of an 1800 LOL

Lowes....Oak -- 3/4 x 1-1/2 x 4' / the actual length of handle on grill is just over 2'. the Genesis 1000 and 2000 takes both the 3/4". the 1/2" is to narrow, so, you'll have to do some sanding on the 3/4" ends to make it fit!! then, sand the 90deg. edges til' smooth. choose your stain, then spar urethane and your set!! Bad A*&, strong, and looks MUCH better in my opinion then stock split handle.

He*& yeah!! Going to FIRE up some tasty WI Johnsonville brats!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

What were the dimensions of the handle mine is shot thought I could fix it but you did a really nice job.

Brian

Lowes....Oak -- 3/4 x 1-1/2 x 4' / the actual length of handle on grill is just over 2'. the Genesis 1000 and 2000 takes both the 3/4". the 1/2" is to narrow, so, you'll have to do some sanding on the 3/4" ends to make it fit!! then, sand the 90deg. edges til' smooth. choose your stain, then spar urethane and your set!! Bad A*&, strong, and looks MUCH better in my opinion then stock split handle.

- - - Updated - - -

Might not want to cook in that thing. Sheesh. I wouldn't want to get it dirty.

He*& yeah!! Going to FIRE up some tasty WI Johnsonville brats!!!!!!!!!

I live in Wisconsin, so I know something about Johnsonville Brats. Enjoy. Those will be a great way to christen in the new to you grill.

I have one that I refurbished that looks just like that. Looking to sell it and wondered if anyone knows what these are worth when they've been refurbished like this?

I have one that I refurbished that looks just like that. Looking to sell it and wondered if anyone knows what these are worth when they've been refurbished like this?

Not near as much around here as other parts of the country.

Thanks Dave. Was just starting to notice that. Just wasn't sure what a fair price for selling it would be.

unfortunately they're worth way more to us than they are to outsiders who don't quite understand the quality of the older grills compared to the new ones, even after we've restored them.
That said, I've seen one guy trying to sell a restored Genesis Skyline with wood side table and steel grate on bottom) for $500 non-negotiable. He did a full restore, it's so pristine I wouldn't want to cook on it, but I highly doubt he'll see close to $500 for it.

I saw that Skyline, is that the one with perfect lid (non-faded)? It's pretty sweet. That lid is unicorn status. But... I don't believe its a $500 grill b/c it's got some warts, like the upside down ignitor button, a missing tilt up shelf, no heat shield, a wood lid handle which has not been fabricated yet, dirty wheels, rust spots on the dirty frame, no red kettle on the logo :george: (LOL), etc.

Back