Weber Company Store in Germany

One special grill that I looked forward to seeing was the Weber Pulse. It is an electric-only grill, but it is more than just another electric Weber Q.

eI7tSMb.jpg

This grill comes in two sizes, the larger having a dual control for separated elements. Presumably this provides opportunity for indirect grilling not readily possible on the Q. These grills are also way more high tech, sporting digital readouts, integration with iGrill technology and having a very different look from a Weber Q.

7BUuIwC.jpg

XXViRGm.jpg

My attempt to Google translate the catalog offers some of these comments:

"With the Pulse we reach a mulititude of new customers...The Pulse is the epitome of the modern way of life and offers customers an innovative barbecue experience...It is so compact that it fits on small balconies...easy to clean...The Pulse makes grilling as easy as it should be..."

Although it can be used as a portable grill like a Q, they definitely pushed the fancy black and stainless cart option.

Y8mbvEg.jpg

5bduh5e.jpg

p.s. This store did have a Q3200 on display. I have never seen one in black before, though. It had a very high asking price (599 euros!):

TFA8zsj.jpg
Since Europe runs on 220V they can utilize higher power on electric grills at the same number of amps. Therefore the Pulse will be offered in Europe only.

Yes, that makes sense. It looked to me like the Pulse would be more powerful than an electric Q. Maybe with enough power and these updated technical and style features, an electric grill will be more appealing. I have owned ever Q except the electric one. I see used ones for sale all the time but don't have any interest since I am not on any "no gas" requirements.

Yah, I didn't think of that although I knew they were 220v over there. I have two Q140 electric grills. They do get hot and do a decent job, but it takes forever for them to heat all the way up and if you leave the lid open, it cools quick and then takes a long time to heat back up. I am sure an electric that used 220V would be a much better performer.

Jon I'll bet you were in heaven seeing that Weber history section.

Greg,

Yes, I loved it but also thought it was cool that they chose to share that with the folks in Europe. The pictures of George Stephen and the old grills helped give their otherwise very modern store some extra charm.

On second thought, I'm moving this to " Just Conversation " ........

Lynn,

Sounds interesting if they don't over-embellish when the truth is already an incredible story. I thought the old James Fonda version of Midway wasn't too bad.

After being in Berlin and taking a few minutes to stare at the non-descript parking lot where we knew deep underground was the last remaining parts of Hitler's bunker, I decided to watch the German movie "Downfall." It is in German, available with English subtitles on Amazon Prime for free. Very sobering to see the sickness and insanity of the last days of the Nazi regime through the eyes of a young secretary who stayed with Hitler until his suicide. She somehow escaped and the movie was in part based on her eyewitness accounts. It was a pretty hard thing to watch (and not always family friendly) but I did think it probably pretty accurately portrayed the hard to fathom mix of both Hitler's viciousness and at the same time his odd moments of humanity.

Another German movie with subtitles you can see on Amazon Prime is "Rommel." It is only about the last months of the general more famous for his earlier exploits in North Africa. This movie focuses on where he is called on to defend against the expected Allied invasion of France. It too shows the sickness of the Nazi regime and how military men with some kind of sense were caught in a horrible trap of the Nazi insanity. While they were losing the war they continued to pour more and more resources into their barbaric butchering of innocent people. Rommel was partially implicated in the failed plan to assassinate Hitler and wound up having to precede Hitler in taking his own life. A tragic end for an exceptional general - a German not a Nazi.

I will try to post pictures when I get back home tonight. It is cool but one of those things you need to remind yourself to actually use. I was touched that they gave me one as a gift.

How did I miss that!? I want at least two!! That would be hilarious!

An ice cube tray that turns out kettle-shaped ice? Gotta have one! :D

Here's a couple pictures of the Weber Kettle Ice Cube Tray and its final product:

vm1hpkx.jpg

kRjP0Nx.jpg

The tray is very soft silicone plastic, so it is easy to pop these little kettles out. It's kind of fun, but I also have one that makes Titanic steamships and icebergs, too:eek: - so far never used. Maybe I will have an easier time getting into kettle ice:coolkettle:.

They are cute. Maybe for special occasions, but I wouldn't want to deal with ice trays on a regular basis.

Gotta get me one of those ice trays. One of those ice kettles
would look great in a glass of Jameson on a Saturday evening.

I suspect some boob cubes would look good in a glass of Jameson on a Saturday evening as well.

Yah, I had a friend back in my childhood days (later 60's to early 70's) and his parents had "Boob Cube" trays. They were basically from the belly button to shoulders. We drank a lot of kool-aid using those cubes.

Well bust my buttons! I really want some,
I picked up the titanic sets for my sisters they both love a G&T!
I remember the boob ice molds, why am I not surprised it was Bruce that brought them up!? You are a funny guy Bruce! I bet you have a naughty pen or two in your bag of tricks somewhere. Someone stole mine!

Boob cubes??? �� ��

But no ice in my Scotch or Irish Whiskey. I don’t want to water that down.

Actually, 1 good rock in a single malt Scotch, bourbon, or Irish, can be awfully good. I've got a half a dozen Death Star molds that produce spheres about 2.25" in diameter.

Well bust my buttons! I really want some,
I picked up the titanic sets for my sisters they both love a G&T!
I remember the boob ice molds, why am I not surprised it was Bruce that brought them up!? You are a funny guy Bruce! I bet you have a naughty pen or two in your bag of tricks somewhere. Someone stole mine!

Timothy, I remember those pens. Those were the ones where the woman in a swim suit would strip when you tilt the pen.

Back