Weber Company Store in Germany

Ok Jon. I got me an ivory Smokey Joe as well. But I went for a used one. Paid 25 Euro or roughly $30. came with a Weber Q cover.
It needs some good cleaning. But I am planning to use it anyhow.
pJcGT55.jpg

Well, that's a home run! Looks in very nice shape. We had to separate all the parts to make it work in our combined luggage, but at least it is pretty simple construction. What do you think about that bottom charcoal grate and how you put the ash pan INSIDE the grill?

I really have no expertise with the Smokey Joe at all and how it works but I always wanted one as an option for small badges of food. And it is the smallest grill I can fit in my suitcase after I have dismantled it. ;-)

I really have no expertise with the Smokey Joe at all and how it works but I always wanted one as an option for small badges of food. And it is the smallest grill I can fit in my suitcase after I have dismantled it. ;-)

I'm laughing thinking of packing a grill in a suitcase!!!!

WHOA! How'd do you go about finding used Webers in Germany?
eBay in Germany has a local service for neighborhood sales similar to Craigslist in the US. This is where I found it. Only about 15 miles from my mom’s place. Plus I had to be in the area anyhow.

Your clothes will smell .... delicious when you get back!
Lol. All clean now. But Weber does not seem to do a good job with the email. After I cleaned it there appeared some email damage around the holes for the legs. But well it was cheap and used. And will be used going forward.

Weber History at the Weber Company Store in Germany

I thought it was neat that the German Weber store emphasized the history of Weber. They had several antique Weber grills on display:

w2oRlcy.jpg

yLLiQOw.jpg

dzgcn3q.jpg

aMhZtWs.jpg

I failed to get a photo of it, but they also had a 2004 or so Genesis on display as well.

The Weber Pulse

One special grill that I looked forward to seeing was the Weber Pulse. It is an electric-only grill, but it is more than just another electric Weber Q.

eI7tSMb.jpg

This grill comes in two sizes, the larger having a dual control for separated elements. Presumably this provides opportunity for indirect grilling not readily possible on the Q. These grills are also way more high tech, sporting digital readouts, integration with iGrill technology and having a very different look from a Weber Q.

7BUuIwC.jpg

XXViRGm.jpg

My attempt to Google translate the catalog offers some of these comments:

"With the Pulse we reach a mulititude of new customers...The Pulse is the epitome of the modern way of life and offers customers an innovative barbecue experience...It is so compact that it fits on small balconies...easy to clean...The Pulse makes grilling as easy as it should be..."

Although it can be used as a portable grill like a Q, they definitely pushed the fancy black and stainless cart option.

Y8mbvEg.jpg

5bduh5e.jpg

p.s. This store did have a Q3200 on display. I have never seen one in black before, though. It had a very high asking price (599 euros!):

TFA8zsj.jpg

Super Nice People I met

The employees at the Weber Company Store in Germany were all extremely friendly. My friend introduced me as a huge Weber fan who also restored grills. The people there seemed to enjoy that and looked at some of my before and after pictures. My Skyline probably made the biggest impression. I also introduced them to TVWBB.

They were doing a grilling class behind a glassed in area, but they called out the chef to meet me:cool:!

OXN43Fi.jpg

We chatted about the Weber Restaurant in Chicago that I have been to a few times. He and the sales person who helped me were kind enough to pose for pictures. I told them they would be on our page, and they said I would be on their FaceBook page:eek:!

zzuNe9H.jpg

Everyone was so friendly, and as I was purchasing my grate and ivory Smokey Joe, they gave me a cool gift: One of those ice cube trays in Weber red that turns out ice (or frozen butter) in the shape of a Weber Kettle:coolkettle:!

There was so much to see that I hated to leave, but we finally had to keep moving on

ufKsuJ1.jpg

kX8ovHC.jpg

CHECK OUT THIS ROTISSERIE ATTACHMENT FOR THE WEBER Q:

o3IOxBY.jpg

gaPellh.jpg

Wx7Jjpd.jpg

Yah, I really don't think there would be much of a market in the US for the Pulse grills judging from the lack of popularity of the ELectric Q's. And with all that technology in the Pulse grills, the price tag will be a big obstacle as well.

It looks to me like they probably make as much money on the accessories as they do the grills themselves.

It is beyond my comprehension why Weber refuses to make more products available stateside.
Jon, thanks again for posting these pics.

Looks like great fun and brings back many fond memories of traveling in Germany. If you get there again any time and are in Dusseldorf check out the Peace Museum. It covers the history of Germany from about the very end of WWII to present day. Went there a couple times and was totally fascinated. Could have spent a week in there

Is that a POPCORN basket for the rotisserie? Smoked popcorn.... just when you think life can't get any better....

Jon, thank you so much for the very detailed report. I did very much enjoy the Tank Museum details (and the worst thing we can do is forget.)

Back