Weber Announces New Product Coming

This looks like a WSK. Note, possible hinge on right side of cover is similar to how a WSK looks when it’s covered.

1703699143204.png

When I was just out of high school, the acoustic music store was able to find a nicer location and we covered the windows with newspaper leaving a small “peep hole” in-the door, it was good for the mailman and delivery folks. That was really fun!

I'd like to see something new on the charcoal side. We've gotten some good stuff so I don't now what I'm imagining. That next to last could be a kettle of some kind.

Kind of reminds me of when "Jurassic Park" came out with an oversize promotion budget and paid to put nothing but dino footprints for months on billboards all over America.

My predictions:
Push toward electric powered grills to sell in fire zones and high-density areas
More tech/transistors to sell to young folks that want a cell phone controlled grill
More portability for beach/tailgating/etc. (goes hand in hand with lighter build quality)
More homage to "Made in USA"
Actual innovation that makes pellet grilling better

How much can you innovate a kettle?
Multiple styles were teased on that ad...but innovation is possible with everything. Kettles have changed quite a bit over the years. I'm just hoping for some fresh ideas and not more of the same types of copycat styles that have been introduced as of late with the pellet grills/griddles/Traveler. That's not to say I am going to buy one of them, I just want to see Weber return as a leader in innovation. That is what they built their brand on.

I feel like some redesign of the WSM or some new charcoal smoker is long overdue. There's things that have always been kind of irritating about the WSM, like the door being flimsy and the water pan being in the way almost making the door useless, the lid not overlapping the middle allowing rain in. Then not being able to take out the middle section and use as a grill easily, because of the way the lid sits on the bottom section. Also, high heat being kind of a pain because there's not enough venting in the lid. It's a great product and I love it, but there's been very little change there for a long time.

Multiple styles were teased on that ad...but innovation is possible with everything. Kettles have changed quite a bit over the years. I'm just hoping for some fresh ideas and not more of the same types of copycat styles that have been introduced as of late with the pellet grills/griddles/Traveler. That's not to say I am going to buy one of them, I just want to see Weber return as a leader in innovation. That is what they built their brand on.
IDK about the kettle thing. Yeah you can accessorize with many different things, but I remember WAY back in the late 50's my uncle having bought a Weber kettle that had transitioned into today's shape from George Stephen's original buoy shaped one. Back then it was still a kettle shaped grill with 3 adjustable bents in the kettle and 1 in the lid. Here we are well over 60 years since I first saw one and they're still the same thing. Yeah different sizes now, slight styling cues but, a kettle is a kettle is a kettle (the WSK not withstanding). Just referring to basic kettle many of us grew up with

I'm totally forgetting the Weber Kamado
The Summit Kamado is an exceptional grill, in my opinion.

Why Weber isn’t doing more marketing on it’s behalf is puzzling.

Weber- get your representatives to set these grills up outside Whole Foods, Wegmans or any other high end grocery store on a Saturday or Sunday early afternoon- grill something - You have a unique product- let people see it.

Back