Wally World Charcoal Selection

EricV.

TVWBB Guru
I just ran in into WM through the garden center to pickup a few items & I noticed that there is a new expanded selection of both charcoal briquettes & lump. The new brands that I have never seen there before include BluesHog, Jealous Devil & Cowboy. I couldn’t pass up on purchasing a couple of 2x20lb. pack of Cowboy briquettes for $17.92 or .45/lb. The Cowboy pricing is probably as good as I will find on a quality briquette, good stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4782.jpg
    IMG_4782.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 66
The selection is sparse in our local Walmart this time of year, although I did see some BluesHog while looking for the new 500 ci boxes of Western wood chunks they show as being in stock, but were nowhere to be found:(

I just ran in into WM through the garden center to pickup a few items & I noticed that there is a new expanded selection of both charcoal briquettes & lump. The new brands that I have never seen there before include BluesHog, Jealous Devil & Cowboy. I couldn’t pass up on purchasing a couple of 2x20lb. pack of Cowboy briquettes for $17.92 or .45/lb. The Cowboy pricing is probably as good as I will find on a quality briquette, good stuff.
Yeah, Walmart delivered 320 lb of it to my house the other day no delivery charge

Looks like the 20# sack of JD. They’re going to give HD a run for their money. Excited to see competitive pricing for JD.

I still have a few sacks of Cowboy. I did like them under burgers. Good nose.

I went to Walmart today and they had the same selection as Eric's photo. Totally unexpected! Picked up 20 lb bag of Jealous Devil ($23), not as good of a deal as tractor supply (40 lb for $40), but worth the convince for me today.

Last edited:
The selection is sparse in our local Walmart this time of year, although I did see some BluesHog while looking for the new 500 ci boxes of Western wood chunks they show as being in stock, but were nowhere to be found:(

Pretty sparse in our local WalMart too. They had JD and BluesHog, but no 20lb twin packs of the Cowboy briquettes. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to get back to town and go look! It is getting to that time of year for them to restock! I've been ordering Cowboy into my Lowe's-- looking forward to trying all kinds (still new to the whole thing but am quite addicted now!)

I like Blues Hog quite a bit. Pleasantly surprised to see some really good brands on the shelves!
The lump or briquettes? They have some of both, at one of our local WM, but I didn't/don't know anything about the Blues Hog. I may have to pick up a couple of bags and give it a test run!

My Walmart had a pallet of the 40# Cowboy for under $18. Only two left. I went with my gut and did not buy. Interesting gut I have, it surprises me sometimes.

I saw JD at walmart and was shocked to see it there, I bought some more from HD to try out again...Ace hardware has been stocking B&B more so I am stockpiling my reserves

Back