Wally World Charcoal Selection

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
I just ran in into WM through the garden center to pickup a few items & I noticed that there is a new expanded selection of both charcoal briquettes & lump. The new brands that I have never seen there before include BluesHog, Jealous Devil & Cowboy. I couldn’t pass up on purchasing a couple of 2x20lb. pack of Cowboy briquettes for $17.92 or .45/lb. The Cowboy pricing is probably as good as I will find on a quality briquette, good stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_4782.jpg
    IMG_4782.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_4783.jpg
    IMG_4783.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 65
The selection is sparse in our local Walmart this time of year, although I did see some BluesHog while looking for the new 500 ci boxes of Western wood chunks they show as being in stock, but were nowhere to be found:(

I just ran in into WM through the garden center to pickup a few items & I noticed that there is a new expanded selection of both charcoal briquettes & lump. The new brands that I have never seen there before include BluesHog, Jealous Devil & Cowboy. I couldn’t pass up on purchasing a couple of 2x20lb. pack of Cowboy briquettes for $17.92 or .45/lb. The Cowboy pricing is probably as good as I will find on a quality briquette, good stuff.
Yeah, Walmart delivered 320 lb of it to my house the other day no delivery charge

Looks like the 20# sack of JD. They’re going to give HD a run for their money. Excited to see competitive pricing for JD.

I still have a few sacks of Cowboy. I did like them under burgers. Good nose.

I went to Walmart today and they had the same selection as Eric's photo. Totally unexpected! Picked up 20 lb bag of Jealous Devil ($23), not as good of a deal as tractor supply (40 lb for $40), but worth the convince for me today.

Last edited:
The selection is sparse in our local Walmart this time of year, although I did see some BluesHog while looking for the new 500 ci boxes of Western wood chunks they show as being in stock, but were nowhere to be found:(

Pretty sparse in our local WalMart too. They had JD and BluesHog, but no 20lb twin packs of the Cowboy briquettes. :rolleyes:

HD is about to sale Fogo black bag 17.5lb for 23.99! Saw it up in the rafter's and ask about it.

Can't wait to get back to town and go look! It is getting to that time of year for them to restock! I've been ordering Cowboy into my Lowe's-- looking forward to trying all kinds (still new to the whole thing but am quite addicted now!)

I like Blues Hog quite a bit. Pleasantly surprised to see some really good brands on the shelves!
The lump or briquettes? They have some of both, at one of our local WM, but I didn't/don't know anything about the Blues Hog. I may have to pick up a couple of bags and give it a test run!

Thanks Jon !
Currently using Chefs Select. Will do at least a test run of Blue Hog briquettes, or two, or three, or.... ;)

My Walmart had a pallet of the 40# Cowboy for under $18. Only two left. I went with my gut and did not buy. Interesting gut I have, it surprises me sometimes.

I saw JD at walmart and was shocked to see it there, I bought some more from HD to try out again...Ace hardware has been stocking B&B more so I am stockpiling my reserves

Back